The new house!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here's a pic and a link to the thread in Gen Discussion.

:)

angie

http://davesgarden.com/place/t/628222/

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Sounds like you have a good place to add lots of minature gardens; especially in the back yard around your deck. You may have room for a shade garden and rows of mini- beds along the fence. The shed could turn into a greenhouse too!

Home sweet home, How sweet it is!

Deborah

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

The front yard is as wide and about 3 car lengths deep and in full shade being the north side with 6 or so oaks. That will be an awesome shade garden one day. Hydrangeas and foxgloves and hostas, oh my! :)

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

If you have sun areas you want to plant I have iris (purple), daylilies (orange), shasta dasies, red-hot pokers, sedums - and you are welcome to come dig... I am in Dunwoody. Really good, tough plants always need dividing!

It is lovely to own your own home.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks sterhill, I'll keep that in mind! The cry for plants will probably go out next year, maybe in the fall, but I doubt it. I have too much to do inside and no $ you know? Of course, a shovel and manual labor are always free!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

That's as cute as can be Angie! Sure can see the front yard as a wonderful shade garden. If nothing else, when all those oak leaves fall, push them into islands where you want your beds and cover them with cheap bags of composted manure (or the real thing) or more bags of leaves and pine straw. If you have all those oaks, you have easy gold that will atrract earthworms from all over. Even if you have a yard full of black leaf bags all winter, who cares? They will envy you later ;>)

Make sure you come down this way when ready for plants. Even Spider came down to the lady in Jackson with $1.50 perennials. With that and the spring ru, you should be set.

Congratulations sweetie!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks vi! I already have one big pile of leaves raked up and left by the previous owner. And there are lots of robins in the yard, which means ... lots of worms! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.