Someone Please Advise

Javea, Spain(Zone 10a)

I have posted this on Garden Foes and also on the Peppers forum but nobody seems to know what it can be. Sorry I don't know thebvariety.

I wondered if it could be pesticide damage but the plant has continutued to grow and set flower so I am baffled.

Please take a look at the following photos.

Thumbnail by B1ZZYL1ZZY
Javea, Spain(Zone 10a)

Another

Thumbnail by B1ZZYL1ZZY
Javea, Spain(Zone 10a)

sister plant for comparison

Thumbnail by B1ZZYL1ZZY
Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

I certainly looks like herbicide damage. I can't think what else it could be.

They can still keep on growing if they only get a small dose.

Javea, Spain(Zone 10a)

Thanks Patbarr - I agree because I don't know of anything else. What's that herbicide that makes everything grow at a such a rapid rate that the plant kills itself?

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Round up or Glyphosate isopropylamine salt. I use it and your damage looks chemical, but it doesn't look like the damage I have seen from round up. Did someone use a sparyer that had been contaminated with another chemical, on or near your peppers? I have seen damage like yours from cleaning products. They look so sad, hope the recover.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener
Javea, Spain(Zone 10a)

They aren't my plants - belong to a chilli forum buddy. I was interested in what had caused this but haven't heard back yet as to whether he used herbicide near them. It's gotta be that though don't you reckon. What else does that? I'll mention clenaing products and see if it rings a bell with him. People aren't really aware of the content of some of these products.

Cheers all
Lizzy

Javea, Spain(Zone 10a)

Added link to website for update on strange pepper plants.

Appreciate your insite as to what this could be. So far we have one contender - herbicide damage. Any more?

http://home.woh.rr.com/a1st/peppernotes/photos/IM002947ss1.html

Please go to the site and have a look.

Thanks
Lizzy

This message was edited Jul 27, 2006 1:47 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.