Please help

North Little Rock, AR

I have placed an order with Gardener's Supply for the greenhouse they have listed for sale and the four foot extension. This 10x16 greenhouse uses Tedlar/Courtgaurd glazing.
Charley's Greenhouse supply has a 10x16 aluminum with either safety glass or twin wall poycarbonate glazing. I live in Arkansas zone 7. My question is which greenhouse would be the best bet? Price wise they are not too far apart. I can not find any definative information on the Tedlar/Courtgaurd material. I just wonder if it is as good as they claim it to be. Do any of you have any idea on the subject? I would really appreciate any help I can get. I have time to cancel my order if the Tedlar stuff is not as good as glass or twin wall. Thank you for your time.

Fulton, MO

Lotus, a few months ago I did some web research on the Tedlar product and I didn't come up with very much. If you find anything useful, please let us know. SB

North Little Rock, AR

Dear SB,
I have googled Tedlar and it is made by Dupont, which is a pretty reputable company. Tedlar seems to be very strong and has excellent weatherability qualities. I think this stuff is just begining to show up in many different industries. I have not found anything negative about it, except that it can be expensive. The Northern Lights greenhouse on sale is pretty affordable. I will be getting my greenhouse in a few weeks. I will let you know how it goes. I am going to take a chance and hope that it is as good as they say it is. Glass would be nice, but I am not sure how much $$ I want to spend trying to keep it warm. I have a lot of tropicals I would like to overwinter in the greenhouse. If you come across more info please send it on. Thank you so much for your response. Tiff.

Livingston, NJ

Anyone have a clue how much longer the Northern Light greenhouse is going to be on sale for? Maybe from last year's sale cycle? Can we expect that demand will shoot up in the fall and result in the sale being over?

Thanks in advance...

North Little Rock, AR

Dear Radiata,

When I placed my order for the Northern Lights Greenhouse I asked the sales associate why they had reduced their prices by so much. He told me that Gardener's Supply was not going to carry greenhouses any longer and focus only on the supplies and accessories. He said when they sell out they are done for good. I hope this info was helpful.
Sincerely,
Tiffany

Louisville, KY

Did you get it yet? I would go for the twin wall glazing. The glass scares me with all the snow. Mine has twin wall and it had 7 inches of ice on it and still stood up!! It is a Sunglo Greenhouse. I was too scared to go in there for a couple days cause I thought it would fall on me, but it is still up!!! Whichever you think is the strongest. I am just not familiar with the glass ones.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.