Irises for postage

Allentown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hope this is the right spot for this, have never done this on this forum. Let me know.
I will have some irises for postage again this year. Am not sure how many in the end.
Dug for a sale and they didn't need them so most if not all ARE identified.
Marian
lostlakefarm@comcast.net

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

D-mailed you.Thank-you Robin

Wellington, OH

I also D-mailed you. :) K

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I e-mailed you using your mail to. Thanks! Betty

Emmaus, PA(Zone 6a)

I sent you D-mail.

Northern Michigan, MI(Zone 5a)

I sent d-mail

Thought it might be too confusing if I used both d-mail and e-mail so I just went with the one...lol

~Julie =0)

Tucson, AZ

I also e-mailed you. Thanks, Joanie.

Grand Rapids, MI

sent d-mail

Augusta, AR(Zone 8a)

sent you a dmail

Council Bluffs, IA(Zone 4b)

Also sent an e-mail. Thanks!

Clatskanie, OR(Zone 9b)

I am a paid up member and a newby and I dmailed you. I gave you my email so you can let me know about postage. Thanks,,, Frank

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

mare200, do you have any more? I would love some for postage. Will d-mail my address, if you don't have more, that's okay.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Do you have any left? Let me know...I would like some if you have them.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

me too but am probably way to late. but never hurts to check if any are left.

Danbury, CT(Zone 6a)

Marian- if you still have some left, please count me in. I will d-mail you. Thanks for your generousity!

Jen

Bay, AR(Zone 7a)

Am I too late? Dmail coming, but wondering if you have any left.... ???
Gail

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I will d-mail you, if there are any left. I really adore irises. And this is the first time that I'll be able to grow any.

Thanks so much for doing this.

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

d-mailed you, Thanks!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Has anyone heard from Marian?

TAYLOR, TX(Zone 8a)

Not a word!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

nope not a word here either.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, just checking....hope everything is okay.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I saw this on a different thread...http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/628587/
perhaps she didn't realize where her post was...or maybe this is for something different..

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I'm a little concerned here. I d-mailed on 8/3. It's 8/27, and I still haven't received the irises. I'm afraid they may have been lost in the mail. And after three and a half weeks, I fear for their survival. Has anyone else's gotten lost, too?

Edited to say that I d-mailed her.

This message was edited Aug 27, 2006 8:28 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Not sure that any have gone out...has anyone heard anything? I never heard a word. Maybe she was overwhelmed. Did she tell you they were being sent out? If so, did she give you a delivery confirmation? I think maybe they just weren't shipped....

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I had just assumed that they had been shipped out, and I was just waiting for them. I hadn't gotten a confirmation or anything.

That's a shame, if so. I was looking forward to receiving them.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay, here is an email I just received from Marian...bless her heart she has had one problem after the other...so instead of being upset let's send up a prayer that things get better for her! Here it is:

Hi Janet,
Well this has been, from my point of view, a terrible garden year. I had to close out the "irises for postage" pretty quickly after I posted because of so many replies but people kept writing. Maybe I didn't do it correctly. But that was the least of my dilemma. I have a heart condition and cannot go out when the heat and humidity are high and we had two weeks of 90/98 degrees with 80% + humidity right after that plus comcast.went off line in our neighborhood for 3 days so as far as I could tell I only got 2/3 snail mail addresses.. We are also in a drought, although we did have some rain and then the heat and the weeds just took over my iris beds. (These weeds aren't just your run of the mill weeds either) I have 5 acres and the irises are in the front meadow and we have been fighting the meadow grass for 3 years. But this was the worst we've ever had it. It is like pulling piano stings out of a piano with bare hands!!! By the time I could go out, I put a shovel in the ground stepped on it and my hip when out. I was flat for two more weeks. I had dug about 6 before all this happened but now they are very dry and although I will replant them and they'll be fine, I would be embarrassed to send them to strangers. There is just my husband and me and in addition to the irises, we run a business which pays the bills of course so that also has a priority. I have about 350 different irises, or did have before the mess. Some of them I don't think I'll be able to save. I actually did an iris for postage 4 years ago on the Garden Web, it was a lot of work but I didn't mind because I had too many to replant them all and hate to throw out. That was a better year and it never occurred to me that all this would go wrong. If I ever get my beds straight, I'll dig and then offer.
I am truly sorry about everything.
Marian

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.