Staying cool

Brownfield, ME(Zone 4b)

Hope everyone is safe and staying cool. I know you folks down south are a little more used to it , but us New Englanders it is hot! Yesterday while hosing off Von a bird landed on his head of course it took me by surprised and I startled, he didn't care. He went on his 1st trail ride yesterday and I rode him!! , he was fine with cars , had to go on a little road a little. We went with a seasoned horse Von didn't care if he was last or 1st. The only thing we didn't try is if the lead horse troted or cantered away if he would want to catch up , it was to hot. Did fine with barking dogs, a golf cart putting by was a little nervous seeing some other horses in a pasture but walked right by with coaxing . I am so happy , this is a BIG landmark for me.! He is barefoot and is ouchey on gravel. Quess I will be putting shoes on front. Stay cool
lanie

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!