Incredimail / Mozilla Thunderbird

Himrod, NY(Zone 6a)

First, I know nothing about computers. My dh has always taken care of them. He bought me a dell laptop Inspiron 6000 in April. I had Incredimail as my email. From almost the begining an error would come up that one of two programs would come up saying they had to close and then do I want to send a report. Well I got tired of this a couple of weeks ago and did a google search. Found lots of others with the same problems and didn't understand a word they said.

DH came home and saw what I was trying to find and jumped in. He clicked on one of the ads on the right side of the google page and instantly ran the scan they advertised for this problem. It found a multitude of problems in about 8 different areas. Two areas had no problems and of course they were the only places the "program" could fix. So he closed it down. When I went to my incredimail it was gone, absolutely totally gone. He has tried to reinstall incredimail and it doesn't. He has done system restore and it says there is no problem to restore.

So I now have Mozilla Thunderbird and none of my addresss or saved email, files nothing that was in incredimail. I am/was the keeper of our prayer chain for our church and I can't get the chain to work. I tried coping it from an old "chain" forewarded back to me and that doesn't work. I am at an absolute loss.

The problems that kept coming up and needing closing were:

generic host process for win32 services

and

Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger.

Please can anyone help me even though I don't even know what I am talking about. I am at the point that I just want an email that will work the way I need it too. BUT I do miss incredimail even though it seemed part of the problem.

many many thanks,

Joy

This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!