A/C for the greenhouse.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

While cruising around the net looking for a way to help my central a/c unit outside I ran into a link on how to make your own air conditioner out of copper & plastic tubing, a fan and garbage can. I think I'll give it a whirl!

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~gmilburn/ac/

X

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the link that was great reading.

Judy

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Re your house unit.... years ago I use to have an a/c service and install company. If I remember correctly here are some things you can do:

1) remove any air flow restrictions: bushes, fence etc
2) rig a tarp for shade but again don't restrict air flow. Even if you have a brick house you can attach hardware for connecting one end of the tarp using concrete screws and then use metal poles driven in the ground for the other support
3) continously run water over the coils, make sure you don't get electrical parts wet
4) make sure your filters are clean
5) if your ductwork is under your house and it is wrapped on the outside, make sure the insulation is in good shape..
6) place a service call on your unit to have the coils cleaned, etc. If you are really daring you can do this yourself, but make sure all electrical parts are dry before turning the unit back on. If not you could burn up your fan motor.

Check our #3 by calling a local a/c company because this depends upon the type unit you have

How I've helped.

Judy

You might want to call

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Thanks Judy!

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.