large saracenia

Clatskanie, OR(Zone 9b)

Can any of you tell me where to buy specimen red saracenias, that is extra large. Frank

Hi Frank,

Gosh, I haven't been here in a long time. You want jumbos, eh? Can you tell me what you mean by extra large and specimen please? Can you also tell me what you had in mind to spend please. I happen to know of one jumbo Sarracenia Leuco out there that has pitchers that would have pitchers that are white with striking red veins but I think it was about $75 and I'd have to check to make sure it was still available. You really need to give me a better idea of what it is exactly you are looking for though.

Are you familiar with our PlantFiles here?

Here's what you do, click on the word PlantFiles above. Now click on the tab that says Search and Browse Tools. From there a new window will open. You want to click on Specific Search. Another window will open. From there type the word Sarracenia into the space provided next to the word Genus. Now you will end up with a window that will show you all the species and cultivars loaded into the data base. There will be many photos. This may help you better define what it is you meant when you stated you wanted a red Sarracenia.

I'll bookmark this thread so that when you post I'll be notified.

Hey Frank, welcome to DG and welcome to the Carnivorous Plants Forum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.