Robert Kemp

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

It's about 6-1/2 ft tall. I started it from seeds I got from Alice in April. paul

Thumbnail by phicks
KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Since it is being grown by you of course it's that tall!! You have green hands!! I have green fingers. lol. Keep up the good work.

Dublin, TX(Zone 8a)

Silly question from a new gardener..............can anyone tell me how to gather seeds from cannas? I keep reading all these replies about "starting from seed" and I am very interested in learning if anyone has time to share with me.
Happy Gardening,
Belinda

Thumbnail by TexasGardenMom
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

nice canna what one is it? what you need to do is wait for the seed pods to turn brown then pick theam . open the pod there will be black round seeds in side store theam in a dry place. not all canna pods have seeds tho . paul your pic shows seed pods those will have seeds

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Belinda, Paul has posted some very informative information along with some pictures of his cannas, one which showed how he gathers those seeds. If I remember correctly, he ties mesh bags around the pods to keep them from falling to the ground after they turn brown.
Also from previous posts, Mr X. gave me the instructions on how to grow cannas from seeds.
You may want to go several pages back in this canna forum and read some of Paul's and Mr. X's posts.
This is my first year growing cannas and DG has been a welcome mat for sure!

Deborah

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.