Albino Purple Coneflower???

Belton, MO(Zone 5b)

Planted a flowerbed a couple of weeks ago bordered with purple coneflowers from the local native plant nursery. Some had blooms, some were getting ready to bloom. One finally bloomed this week, and it is a blue-white color.

Has anyone ever run into this before? We've bought a lot of plants from the same nursery and have a hard time believing they mixed one in accidently--they're pretty particular and conscientious.

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

There is a white coneflower called White Swan and I have a really pale pink one. I do not know where the pale pink one came from. Cross breeding of the White Swan with our Magnus is my best guess. Where anyone got the name Purple Coneflower for this plant beats me. It looks more pink to me. Natural hybridizing is probably where your pale blue one came from. Bees love to cross pollenate plants.

Claremore, OK

Maybe you have something new. I've seen the white ones, but never blue white. I'd take a picture of it and ask the nursery. I wouldn't mind having some seeds from it.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I have had purple coneflowers for years and some white just started coming in with them about three years ago. Don't ask me. I want some yellow and orange and the mixed yellow and orange, beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.