peaches and squirrels

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I posted this over at Georgia Gardens and thought it would also be appropriate here. I hate squirrels and have finally found something - simple! - that works for my peach tree...

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/627107/

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I was excited to read that you had found a solution to this problem. My little dwarf peach tree is loaded down every spring, and I've never managed to get a single peach. Just like yours, the squirrels eat them all while they are green and about 2"D.

Unfortunately, when I planted my tree (and did not know about the squirrel problem) I had the brilliant idea to save space by espaliering it on the fence. lol at my mistake. So mine is basically a handy squirrel feeder, and even your ingenious idea won't work for me. : (

Happy for you, though!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

After eating these delicious peaches - hot and syrupy with flavor that explodes in your mouth - I'd say plant another one if you have space and sun. My son, who has no interest in gardening, now wants me to plant another peach tree. He has been coming over to my house and selecting two or three at a time, savoring them and going back for another two or three. He is 28 and he has never really tasted a fresh, hot peach before.

I remembered them from my childhood and thought they might disappoint me now. But they are a treasure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.