Fly Hell

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi All:

I am desperately seeking a deterrent for house flies. Whenever we sit on our patio, we are inudated with them. We take great pains to make sure that the area is clean. There aren't any oders or garbage around. We can't figure out where they are coming from. They were so bad last night, you would have thought there was a dead corpse somewhere.

We have tried lighting Citronella candles but have had little success.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BB

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

BB, I've heard good things from local horse people about fly predators. You can get them lots of places. Then there are the fly traps. This is a link to them on the Peaceful Valley site, but again, I'm sure there are vendors closer to you.

http://www.groworganic.com/search.html?pCommand=DoSearch&pMode=Search&sText=fly&sCategory=430

Turlock, CA(Zone 9a)

I had a real bad problem with flies circling on my porch.As soon as the door was opened, tons got inside. I tried everything, nothing stopped them. So I got on google and searched till i found something that really works!
In South America people put up half filled bags of water, they think it's the reflection of their eyes that makes them fly away. So I got two sandwich zip seal baggies, half filled them with water and hung one one my front door, and the other on the side wall.
I have maybe 1 or 2 flying out there most days, it's so much nicer! Try it but remember you'll get lots of questions from folks ;)

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks to both of you

BB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.