Do you grow Stinky Socks?

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I couldn't figure out what the heck was so stinky when I was watering...lol!
:) Donna

Thumbnail by PerennialGirl
Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

I do, but I need to get a better cultivar as mine flops over right away.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I had no idea that this fellow was stinky! He'd grow well with my 'chocolate lilies'... a fritillaria that smells like feces. A trip to the garden would be like a bad day in the laundry room!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Do you want me to save you seeds? I think the reason why it smells so stinky is because I have more than one plant...lol.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Are those Echinops? If so...I planted a bunch of them this year and they are getting ready to put forth flowers.

Deb

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

No that is Sea Holly.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

I've never had luck growing these from seed. I must be doing something wrong.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

I just let them go where they want or I throw them around...lol. Try that. Do you need some to try?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Donna I just went out to smell mine but the flowers are not open yet - willhave to check next month! I've had them for years - always lots of extra plants too! They do tend to flop I usually have them staked up. A neighbor gave me a variegated form for a birthday gift. Hope it does well. I put it out in a full sun but not sure if that is a good idea - my old ones are in part shade.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Carol, mine don't flop around at all. They always stand straight. Mine is in full sun. Maybe that makes a difference.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

I have never grown true sea holly, but my Eryngium x tripartatum has no scent that I can detect.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Leftwood, do you have a picture of your plant? I couldn't find to much about it on the internet.

Erynne, try looking for Eryngium tripartitum.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

My neighbor must have that because something is awful smelling right behind our shrubs! Smells like rotting Brussels sprouts? My five year old daughter asked me if it was stink lettuce (she couldn't remember the name of Skunk Cabbage).

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I only have one plant in the middle of the bed so if it stinks I'm to far away from it to smell. I made a basket for it from a remnant of fencing ,hub's used around the garden.

Some salvias smell like cat pee to me.

P

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

So instead of our gardens smelling like roses we could have it smelling like stinky things...lol. bigred show us a picture of the basket you made.

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

A new program for the Home and Garden channel... 'The Stink Garden'! We ought to design a virtual stink garden, taller plants to the back, etc.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Great idea, Weezin! I wonder how well it would go over....lol.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Lots of boxwood and blooming privet....

Centennial, CO(Zone 5b)

certain salvias smell like underarm b.o.

Best enjoyed at a distance...LOL

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

We could create garden decors, such as 'The Sweaty Gymnast Garden' or 'The Flatulence Garden'

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Tooooooooo funny....lol!

Seward, AK(Zone 3b)

"The Locker Room Garden", "The Outhouse Collection..."

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

You are on a roll....

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Huh???? Sorry to bud in here, but echoes was I on your mind or something LOL!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.