The wood is talking to him!

Columbus, OH(Zone 5b)

My Husband (Hardwood) has to percolate when it comes to a new furniture project.
He always says the wood has to tell him what it wants to be.

Well I guess the wood is talking cuz he's got the far away look in his eye and the only time I see him outside his shop is when he passes by with tape measure in hand. That's another thing he does, measure and build / build and measure as he goes, the plans are mostly in his head.

The only piece of furniture he's built that I don't care much for anymore is my desk... and he built that to my specifications. (Live and learn eh?)
About a month ago I asked him if it would make him feel bad if I told him I didn't like my desk anymore. He laughed.
I asked him if he would build me a new desk and then shut up and let him "percolate".

I hear the saw going in the shop.
I popped my head out and snapped a photo of the Wood Whisperer.

Thumbnail by dovey
This thread has 26 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!