Hydrangias needing id

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

I'm hoping these can be identified.

The first one is a medium blue.

Thank you.

Joy

Thumbnail by Joy
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

This one changes color as the flower ages. It will end up a deep burgundy purple.

Thumbnail by Joy
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

This is a variegated one. The flowers are just now starting to open.

This message was edited Jul 15, 2006 10:33 AM

Thumbnail by Joy
Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

This one is a lace cap type.

Thumbnail by Joy
Colts Neck, NJ(Zone 7a)

Joy, the first one looks like Nikko Blue. I wish I knew the name of the second for sure - I have one that I think is the same. It came labeled "Forever Pink" , but I am not sure if it is correct. I think the last one is my favorite, Ayesha (not a lacecap.) Dont know the variegated one. Notice how I am waffling a bit on the IDs, but I am certainly no expert, just a real hydrangea fan.

PS Yesterday the neighbors across the street RIPPED out a dozen beautifully blooming Penny Macs and replaced them with some gold evergreens and red barberry. Ouch. I was too late to save them for myself.

Kalama, WA(Zone 8b)

Hi Sofi, Thank you so much. When you said the last one was Ayesha it rang a bell for me. I had all but the first one labled at one time but they either faded or were lost. I do remember now that the last one was called Ayesha. I thought it was a lacecap though. Just shows how little I know! LOL

Joy

Phenix City, AL(Zone 8a)

dang sofi.....wish you could have gotten the penny macs. i have a few pm cuttings and cannot wait to see them grow. - jon

Colts Neck, NJ(Zone 7a)

Jon, I bet your cuttings will grow into some real beauties. Funny how we dont mind waiting a year or two for the reward of seeing them flower for the first time. Wish I could muster up the same kind of patience
all the time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.