Container Growing En masse:)

Townsville, Australia(Zone 10a)

Hello,

I am new here and just would like to post a pic off my container grown plant.It is winter here in the tropics.

Cheers Annette

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 3:31 PM

Thumbnail by annette68
Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi, Annette!
great looking garden! What is that growing on the shelves? Here's a pic of my spring project that I put together when I found I had many blue flowerpots.
The iris has done blooming now and is going into the garden but it was a neat gift when I was potting things up.
Keep up the great work!
Martha
Actually, I can't get the picture to load here, but if you go to the thread I posted about the plant shelf, you can see it.

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

There, I just amended the "My container Shelf" thread so you can find it!
Martha

Hi Gardenmart,

I will check your thread in a minute. I had to run out the back and check shelves. There are Variegated Dianellas (Flax Lily) and Roses.

Cheers Annette

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

annette - welcome to daves garden. picture look great

Thanks Herbie43

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I love containers. I have garden beds, but some of the best sun in my yard falls on the paved driveway. so I just plant up many containers with different things and see what does well. I have two rosebushes in containers at the moment for this very reason. they are doing well.
Where in Australia is Townsville?
Great work, Annette

Hi Gardenmart,

I have roses in pots also. Townsville is on the coast in Queensland.It is the second biggest city in Queensland.

Cheers Annette

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

hi annette i'm new also. like your containers. i do alot also. this year i'm doing cucumbers in some. i've done radishes also.

of course there are some with flowers. 5 cont. with spikes and pansies.
1 with asters.
2 with hollyhocks and strawberry vine.
2 with gallardias and aster. new one i'm trying

2 with strawberry plants for the fun of it.
2 with purple wave petunias and horse mint
2with dwarf blue bachelor buttons and pansies
1with blue and purple fantasy petunias
not as many as i usually have. but that's okay as dry as it has been here.
no pictures

Hi Ves522,

It sounds like you have a rainbow off colours happening.Awesome.

Cheers Annette

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

hi annette, was outside workingand saw a few more pots i forgot about. how i could do that after watering most every day because it is so dry. just some red petunias, split leaf philodendron, acouple of blue daylilies, and a few more.

i must be nuts. vicki

Its ok Vicki we are all nuts LoL. Gardening nuts that is.

Cheers Annette

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

I just finished tidying up some of my containers. of course in the recent heat wave all the pansies fried. so I have replaced some with begonias and I had some small caladiums that were starting and of course, geraniums. The asiatic lily beetles got my lilies that had been in container for over 8 years. I was sick at their peak and I couldn't fight them. so I dug them up and put in the above. These pots also have dwarf alberta spruce in them by the kitchen door. I would change out the plantings anyhow. some years I do herbs because of the location. I did a lot of red and white this year because it was my daughter's graduation year and those are school colors. She was valedictorian, so how could I plant any other colors?
Gotta go for the moment, thunder and lightning overhead.
Martha

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.