Dragonfly

Gloucestershire, United Kingdom

Snapped this little beauty when I got home today. A Southern Hawker newly emerged from the wildlife pond.

Thumbnail by prophetfive
Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

That is a beauty Prophetfive. We've only had the damsel flies so far this year. I'll have to keep a look out for the dragon flies.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Great pic prophet, my partner said he saw one and wished he knew how to use the camera! I was out, well I have shown him before and it is simple, so I showed him again.

Beautiful photograph Prophetfive

Here's one that emerged from it's previous incarnation 2nd week July last year, he's almost dry in this one.

We had several 'skins' on the Iris above the pond last year, we usually have one or two every 2nd year but I think we counted 5 last year. We had some red coloured Damselflies scouting the new pond in the front yard this week but we've only got Frogbit in there are the moment, no tall plants for them.

Thumbnail by Baa
Sheffield, United Kingdom(Zone 7b)

That is a great photo, is the ugly one called a nymph? I can't remember - that is a really good example of the final two stages.

Lincoln, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

I agree, such a good shot! It'd difficult to imagine it coming out of that little thing.

Thanks! There is less than 2ft between the Iris and the wall so I was balanced very precariously on the pond edge trying to get a photo that wasn't blurred, the things we do eh!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.