Yippy skippy!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

It's raining here - I mean *really* raining. It spit a little bit yesterday, enough to keep the plants from totally wilting but now it's really ocming down and if it lasts even a tiny bit, it should give the plants enough water for at least four or five days.

I'm so sick of watering! Actually, I love to water but not when I have so many potted plants to get into the ground.

I can even justify sitting here at the computer instead of being outside planting. I may have to go get some hot cocoa! :)

Gwen

It's raining here also!! I have skipped watering the past two days because it's nice and cool also.
Today here in Salem Oregon we broke a 114 year old record! No measurable rain here for 114 years on July the 12th.

Enjoy your rest from watering

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Really?
I was wondering about rain in July here in OR.
I haven't seen this much rain in July since I have moved here in 1982.
I still had to water a few things tho. It isn't raining that hard to soak down deep in the ground here tho.
It is cold and windy too and I am not sure I like that tho.
I like my sunshine and in the 70's degree weather!
Carol

So. Puget Sound, WA(Zone 8b)

It's been raining softly here since last night. Nice and gentle so it can soak in. Love it! Only downside, I swear I can see the weeds growing. LOL

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Ours has already stopped. :( I'll have to go out and do the finger test to see how far it soaked in.

Gwen

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

I was out watering until I realized I was quite damp- drizzling the whole time. I'm convinced it isn't going to amount to enough rain, so back out I go. Don't think we've had any rain out this way for a couple weeks.

I'm glad to have the dust washed off foliage though- we have a gravel driveway that dusts everything and two gardens on either side of it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.