She is at it again

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Black Dragon is so awesome!!! Bloom is bigger than both my hands. Best 10 bucks I ever spent

Thumbnail by DonnaB
East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

that is so awesome.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

another Millineium Superstar

Thumbnail by DonnaB
Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

and Petra stil has not stopped blooming. She is putting out 6 or more blooms at a time. She is orange when first opening then turn yellow

Thumbnail by DonnaB
New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

your black dragon is gorgeous! i was late (as usual) to our local hibiscus show and of course that variety sold out in ten minutes!

Ocean Springs, MS(Zone 8b)

Donna, quit teasing me with that black dragon it is super.

Red Oak, NC(Zone 7b)

Your hibbies are stunning!

Orlando, FL

Yea, they sure are!!!!!!!! Do those have seeds???? I never see any seeds on my hibiscus? Fran

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I have never gotten seeds on my tropical hibiscus. They usually fall off after blooming

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

K-thud,............ oh my gosh Donna I just fell out from their pure beauty. My goodness those are beautiful. I love all the exotic hybrids we are seeing the past few years. I sure wish we could still get the liners like we did a few years back.
way da' go.............

Dee

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Donna your black dragon is beautiful too. I never get tired of seeing the blooms. Where did you find yours? Just curious. Tanarae

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

at a little nursery in Poplarville when visiting Kay and the best part was that I got it in a 3 gal pot for 5 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I wish polarville was close to me. That is a great deal and one beautiful plant!!!

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 11:48 AM

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Wow what a deal you got on that one. Wish polarville was close to me too. :( Tanarae

Oh my!! Maybe I need to go visit my sister in Bogalusa and stop in Poplarville. Donna, which nursery was it???????? I have been looking for one of those for a long time now. What a deal!!! Congratulations!!
janet

edited for spelling

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 9:34 PM

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I don't know the name but it is on the road out of Poplarville to Bogalusa. They were all just about gone when I went last time with Trish in early June. Normally they are 10 dollars for 3 gal which is still a great deal but she had almost killed all the Black Dragons with insectacide.

Hagerstown, MD(Zone 6b)

Wonderful pic of Black Dragon. You got a great deal on it too. Mine's still little but I hope to see blooms soon. I can look at your's until then.

Dott

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

Have more buds ready to open on my Black Dragon.

hugs,
Thanks DonnaB.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Gosh I really need Black Dragon. Really Really!

All yours are so nice Donna.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

it is a real beauty Kell if you can find one and the bloom is so huge

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

If David ever answers me I will see if he has this one for me. LOL I should have gone to the Farmers' Market today.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I need this one too. Janet Please Please Please.....when you go.

Pocahontas, TN(Zone 7b)

Donna,

They certainly are beautiful!!

Judy

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

This one is a good hybridizing plant..pollen and seed pods are good for this one..so its said..thats why I want it too. :-)

I am not sure if or when I will get a chance to go, and even if I did, sounds like they are probably all gone by now. I am still looking around though.
Janet

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Janet, DuPOnt nursery in La, has these right now.

Corpus Christi, TX(Zone 9a)

Wow Donna,

Your Black Dragon is AWESOME! Barb

Greentown, IN

I like the Black Dragon, too! I'm new to growing tropical hibiscus. Does anyone have
any pointers for taking them inside during winter? I don't get good indoor sunlight. How
about using grow lights?

This message was edited Jul 21, 2006 10:51 PM

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Simply gorgeous, DonnaB!!
:) Donna

Lima, OH(Zone 5a)

I have mine in pots. Bring into basement when chance of frost, usually October. Grow under two regular florescent lights, temps 62 degrees all winter, they bloom through the winter inside and still putting on a show outside.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I just got an email from David, Donna, I had asked if he had ths one for me. And he does. I am going to meet him tomorrow if he checks his email before he leaves in the morning for the Farmers' Market!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

Wow Kell I am jealous. It is so beautiful. But then so many are. Drool, drool. ;o)

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

Oh Thank You so much Kell

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I think I am going to heat my hoophouse this winter. I know I say that every year and never do. But I lost too many hibiscus last eyar. I want blooms all winter like Gloria gets!!

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Kell get some small boulders and place in the sun in the hoop house, they will absorb heat during the day and help with some free heat at night.. I'm so cleaver I even amaze me sometimes...LOL :-)

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

I have also read about people using water barrels for the same purpose

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

I noticed yesterday there was a black dragon hibiscus on ebay for sale, it was $21.95. It's a buy it now, and they have 9 available. If I could afford it I would go for it. But money isn't the only thing stopping me, I have got to start thinking about getting ready for winter and the space in the greenhouse.

Linda

This message was edited Jul 30, 2006 8:00 AM

I was in Houston when they had there Hibiscus show in Rosenberg. My son and gd went it was really something to see. My son said I didn't know there was so many different colors of them, he was amazed.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

Here is my son, he found one that he liked. This was my first hibiscus show and it was wonderful, loved looking at all the flowers.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

One more picture of the show.

Thumbnail by 2pugdogs

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.