Demon in my Grass!

Riverton, UT(Zone 6a)

Oh my heck I'm going to take a front loader to my grass. We just moved into our house about 2 months ago and have been invaded by morning glory. I know that this is a hard thing to get rid of if not impossible. I am getting desperate. My lawn looks like white stuffing popcorn was dumped out. It amazes me that I work so hard to get my plants to grow and this can get huge in one night.
Lesh

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

You have my sympathy!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

A good dose of herbicide should do the trick. Or a few large sheets of heavy plastic left on for the rest of the season. Remember tho, the seeds of many weeds will germinate for 15 - 20 years so you will be fighting this battle a long time. Once you find a root, pull it out of the ground and leave it exposed to the air for a few days. That will kill the plant and allow you to remove it all at once.

Pittsburgh, PA

this may not be morning glory lesh..it sounds like bindweed bane of north east gardeners I had it badly here too took yrs to hand dig it all as I couldnt use weed killers around my expensive perennials....pull out every bit u see before it sets seed & also spreads from runners so dont toss it back into dirt....jean pull pull & pull get it in early spring when it first starts & eventually u will get it under comtrol i see it here & there as reseeds from my back area thats wild down into the garden & chokes out the perennials,so remove it & dispose away from your garden...jean

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.