looking for these pots

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

their about 6 in tall and round, I like the particular size, and being so tall I could even use them 8 in tall instead of the 6.

i'm looking for a large quantity, anybody got any ideas. i've looked at my usual sources and can't find this particular size

Thumbnail by kathy_ann
Westminster, CO(Zone 5a)

Go to Garden Mega Store and look under Pots & Containers.

HTH

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I remember that place, I think I got my greenhouse plastic from them, but can't come up with a web site even with a google search.

do you know the web site?

thanks for your help

kathy

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

ebay. there is a lot of gardening supplies sold on this site - large quantities - cheap.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I've checked ebay, I"ve never found anything cheap as far as pots are concerned, I'm use to paying for 4 to 500 pots at a time and never anything over 50 pots sold there maybe l00 and they aren't cheap compared to the greenhouse web sites i'm use to , thanks though.

Knoxville, TN

I haven't ordered from this company but I turned them up when I was looking for plant labels. They seem to have what you want.
http://www.growersupply.com/blowmolcon.html

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Try Mortons horticultural Products. www.mortonproducts.com I order from them alot and like thier products and thier prices are reasonable I missed the post after this one but mortons has azalea pots 6x6 http://www.mortonproducts.com/page.cfm/1302

This message was edited Jul 12, 2006 4:36 PM

This message was edited Jul 12, 2006 4:39 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

i've checked mortons and growers supply neither has these pots, I can't find mega greenhouse web site, anybody know it

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Kathy Ann, if they're about 6", why not use a regular plastic drinking cup and put a hole in the bottom? That way, you can put one kind of plant in a blue one, and another in a yellow one, etc.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

well, that is what i've been doing, BUT, I don't think it's very professional for selling purposes, do you? having all the styro cups all over the place instead of pots? I'm using styro cups now, and I hate using them, they always get top heavy and fall over . I'm ready to spend the extra cash and buy a stock of pots for rooting the brugmansias in instead of the styro cups.

I don't have folks come to the greenhouse often, but once ina while I get a few, when I put an ad in the paper for a plant sale or put a sign up, and listing on ebay with the styro cups I hate that with a passion LOL

kathy

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Didn't know you were selling... No, you probably need "real" pots for that. It's just the perception thing on buyer's minds. Good luck finding them :)

Edited to change plants to pots ;)

This message was edited Jul 12, 2006 7:52 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I know what yo umean, most of my selling is on the net, and thus, the smaller plants. LOL. Most folks that come by i'm sure are saying, to themselves, why aren't you selling all those big ones inthe back yard, instead of all the little ones in the greenhouse. But you know, their the ones, that don't know anything at all about plants or say brugmansias for instance, a true brugmansia lover, would not think twice abou t the size of the plant, but rather th e name , if you know what I mean. LOL I got off on the brugmansia topic didn't I .

Now Back to pots.

the pots are 6 in tall I really want them bigger around, but not gallon size, cause I couldn't afford the dirt.

Westminster, CO(Zone 5a)

Sorry, I got sidetracked by the dogs and watering out before it got really hot.

Go to Greenhouse Mega store. HTH

Really sorry!

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

LOL don't worry , watering ismore important , this I know for sure LOL

kathy

thanks

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Another place to check is Growers Solution

http://www.growerssolution.com/

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

please go to my thread in the tomato forum of june 30th under "laterst picture of my container garden" click onto the second picture and see if those are the containers you want. if they are, i get them all for free at my local sams club. it is a small florist inside and these are the containers that their flowers come in for resale. they re glad to give you as many as you want.

New Port Richey, FL(Zone 9b)

Kathy,
Check out www.nurserysupplies.com I bought some from one of there distributors here in the tampa bay area.You should probably find a source near enough for you to pick up yourself.They sell in large quanities and they are heavy,s/h will be pricey.
Don

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I wish I could find a source near me to pick up but no chance of that, there is no place I can get nursery supplies from that I wouldn't have to pay for shipping from whom ever to that company cause they would have to order them for me. As I've checked, and I can't get free pots frm the only nursery in our city any longer, as they sell them now, and they don't have the size I want or need or I'd buy from them. it's been a hassle for sure to have pots and the size pots I want when I need them.

thanks for the link,

herbie I dmailed you

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

OH yeah, I did find some the right size at themega greenhouse store, that are nice.

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

http://www.growerssolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

http://www.growerssolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT

I am looking for a 10 gal and a 15 gal nursery containers, first I want to only order 1 of each to see what size I really want. Has any one done any business with either of these companys. Or do you have better companys to get these large of containers. I checked out some of the ones listed above but they don't have containers that large or I didn't know where to go to look.

The two I have listed won't tell you what the shipping is until you have given them your credit card # then they send you a email letting you know the total of your bill.

Linda

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Both of those links are the same company of which I have bought from them, and they are good in my book

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Kathy i use to buy from a place in ruskin FL dont renber the name but if you do a pot serch and put in ruskin FL i may come up the pots you want are 9cents each i use to buy 200 at a time and they have many others to up to 40 gallons i think paul

http://www.novoselenterprises.com/products/container.asp

This is a link that I had intended to send along with growers solution.

http://www.mortonproducts.com/page.cfm/1480 Here is another

This message was edited Aug 6, 2006 11:24 AM

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

one more idea i get all my pots now at the flea markets in Fl i pay a five cents for the one you want Paul

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

OH gosh, your really rubbin it in paul LOL, I haven't bought any of those pots yet, but have recently been given a ton of phone numbers to some nurseries within 2 hours from me, I may be driving for some pots soon. I've not heard of morton products, and novesel is pretty good, I bought there once, seem kind of high to me.

kathy

But these are the 10 and 15 gal. size I am looking at. The price isn't what scares me it is what the shipping will be. They said they can't figure the shipping until they are ready to ship then it will be added to my bill.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Then tell them you can't order, they've done that to me before, I told them if they want the order they need to tell me the shipping cost before they ship. Becareful of web sites like that.

They can ship fed ex or ups and save themselves a ton of money charging you a fortune.

It cost me half to ship fed ex than to ship priority mail usps. I ship all my large boxes fed ex through their web site, they can weigh the pots up and give you a close to estimate cost. I'd be scared to death to let them add on my visa the shipping without me knowing what it was before hand

kathy

Thanks Kathy that is what I will do, that is one reason why I haven't ordered is for the fear of what they will charge for shipping.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.