Friday, July 20

southeast, NE

I can't believe it's Friday already. This summer is going so fast. DD will be going back to school in a month. It was hot and muggy out today. We did get some rain again through the night. Kathy Jo - if you are interested in buying some ewes, now might be the time. The market has really dropped. We figured we lost $500 on the last load we hauled to the sale barn as we received .51 and we had received .78 ealier in the summer. And I noticed that the lamb chops in the grocery store are $12.50 a lb.

I'm slowly picking some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. So far, I've kept the tomatoes to myself. Can't wait till the first big tomato so I can have a tomato and mayonnaise sandwich. Anyone else enjoy tomato sandwiches?

Oh Ruth, I forgot to answer your question about how close we are to Knox County. I live close to Lincoln, about 200 miles southeast of Knox County. My dd has some college friend from Bloomfield.

Well I'm headed outside to do some weeding - hope the knats and skeeters aren't too bad.

You all have a good evening!

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!