more of the dog poo business (sorry)

Lilburn, GA

Hi!

I need your advice.

The police told that horrible man to keep away from our property.

Yesterday I noticed that he has been bringing his dog again to out garden but I can't prove that he has been peeing here. The old man also stops by our lawn and stares at our house for a long time. What should I do? I am finding it very intimidating and his behaviour is rather arrogant.

Shoud I contact the police again or just ignore him and his dog.

thank you.

Cordele, GA

. You might also try some of the animal deterrants such as spices and chemical sprays that are on the market. Moth balls are unpleasant to canine noses and sprinkling moth crystals around your perimeter might deter Fido, if not his owner. I have used them to discourage feral cats under my house.

Do you feel physically threatened? If you are out of doors does he address you at all? If he keeps to a regular schedule can you arrange for someone from the neighborhood association to observe him. If he offers any verbal threat that is assault and you call the police immediately! Video cameras are wonderful things if you have one or can borrow one.

Does you association allow low fences in the front yard? Even a 24 inch high barrier would probably keep a dog on a leash out.

It is rarely the animals that are at fault. It is the idiots that own them.

Beth

Why not go to the police and just ask about this. The desk folks are ususally really nice and often have good advice about how to handle these things. I would concentrate more on the stopping and staring at the house behavior and explain this to the police.
Again, if you see dude come by the yard, GO OUTSIDE. If he knows he can intimidate you, he will do so. Just go out and putter around but watch him. You can see what he's doing, but you can also show that you are not in the least bit intimidated. The point he is really making by his behavior is that he is in control of the situation. Do not let him be in control and he won't be.
How old do you estimate this guy is. It could be that he is just getting weird. There is a woman in my Mom's neighbourhood who is in her 80's and is slipping. She does very strange things like this and has been getting hostle to people but she doesn't have a diagnosed problem that they can find. Your neighbour may just be loosing it.

GGG

Lilburn, GA

thank you for your replies.

I am going to Walmart to get some deterrents. the problem is that the police told him to keep away from the property and, two weeks later, he is again bringing his dog here. I am going to phone the police lady that came here and ask for advice. she left me her number. When she came here, she said that the next step would be a restraining order against him. i don't want any more problems. I just want peace.

GGG, he is in his 60s. The HOA vice president said that he picks up fights with peeps that leave here. He complains about anything and gets nasty. He is very big and when he came here to argue he got very near me so i felt afraid he would hit me.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Spider, it sounds like you feel threatened and, if so, I would not hesitate to ask for a restraining order. He sounds like a really nasty customer and I would not hesitate to take action. If you do get a RO, take pics if you see him near your property again.

Lilburn, GA

thank you bugme. I phoned the police lady and left a message for her. I am waiting for her call.

I am thinking of doing that. He does not need to walk his dog here. It is a little cul de sac. He has lots of places nearer his house to go.

Valdosta, GA(Zone 8b)

It's going to be rough navigating through all of this. Basically, he's calling your bluff. He's been warned, but knows that his crime is of low priority, and is saying "yeah, I'm still doing it...whatcha gonna do about it" in his own passive-aggressive way.

While calling the law into it was the right decision, you have to be able to handle some of it on your own...otherwise the police are going to start viewing you as a nuisance caller. No, it's not fair to see you lumped into that category, but human nature and busy schedules being as they are...it's pretty much unavoidable. The restraining order may deter him, but it can become a "he said; she said" nightmare and with no threats beyond the health of your lawn, I think the law would be hard pressed to enforce it.

Confrontation seems unavoidable. I know you hate it, but you've got to take a stand. Otherwise both you and your lawn are going to get crapped upon.

stafford, United Kingdom

i am sorry this man is being a n idiot i hate confrontation to. i suppose my advise is try to stay calm or he has won. because my mistake was letting them know that it bothered me.
but i hope this old fart stops all of this because it is childish and he is old enough to know be

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Personally I would say" what the H*ll you looking at". I don't scare easily. Make sure he's not hiding a gun somewhere.LOL.

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

How long have you lived in the neighborhood? Do you know any of your neighbors well enough that they could join you at times when you know he will be around? There's safety and power in numbers.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I like Artgal's suggestion - call a neighbor or two or three and go outside when he shows up.

I think he is in the "yeah, I'm still doing it...whatcha gonna do about it" stage too.

But I do not think the police will think you are a nuisance caller. The times I have had to deal with the police, they have been very kind and understanding. They will be on your side. Take pictures of him with the dog - preferably with a digital that leaves a time stamp.

Poor baby - I do hope this clears up for you!!!!

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

There is this----,you can collect "IT" and put all you can in a paper bag----,and on a conveniant night---go to his door--set the bag on fire,hope that he has on his bedroom slippers,---and ring the door bell,and RUN!!!! Mike

Lilburn, GA

ROFLOL!!!!!!!

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

I mentioned your problem to my husband while we were walking our own dog. Most of the suggestions were unhelpful (and probably tongue-in cheek) eg: get a gun (I imagine as you don't like confrontation and are British, this would be a very unlikely solution), but he did suggest putting on the sprinkler system every time the man and his dog were on your property. That could be fun!

Lilburn, GA

that woul dbe great!

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

I would get some doggie treats and mix in chocolate exlax ! Dogs love chocolate !! Place a few of the treats in the area where he visits. If this dog is an inside dog, he will leave your problem neighbor a few surprises !!!

Looking for a great way to produce plant loving compost? [HYPERLINK@paulgadawg.turnwill2.hop.clickbank.net]

Alpharetta, GA

Careful with the CHOCOLATE. It can be deadly to the dog, and none of this is the dog's fault. He's only doing what comes natural to him. Though some of the suggestions you've been receiving have been great, keep in mind that the dog is only doing what comes natural...don't take any measures that will cause harm to the dog. I highly recommend motion activated sprinklers, so when they walk on your property, they both get soaked...no harm to the dog and irritating to the owner ;-). I also believe support in the neighborhood is a big thing.

As for the comment about becoming a nuisance to the police, it really depends on your department and the officers who respond. There are clearly more important calls for them to respond to (murders, burglary, etc.), but I'd like to hope that they'd still treat you respectfully and respond as time permits.

I wish we could take all the bad neighbors of the world and put them in their own neighborhood...I've got a few of mine I'd like to send!!!!

Lilburn, GA

LOL!!!

I could never harm a dog ( or any other critter). I am going to check the sprinklers.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Heck with the sprinklers, get out there with your hose and 'accidently' soak the jerk. They say the pen is mightier than the sword, but I'd still blast him away, it's not the dog's fault.
You may be little, Anna, but don't let him bully you. In my opinion, ignoring him will make him bolder, embarrasing him is better.

Warner Robins, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey spider,

My full time job is a private investigator. I do a variety of different cases in the southeast and I would suggest that you document him with a video camera with time and date stamps. Keep one empty video just for this purpose and keep a log of when he came by and what he did. Set up the camera on a tripod inside a shaded, inconspicuous area with a full view of the front. If you know his schedule, wait for him. Streaming video is the ultimate evidence.

It sounds to me like its gone a little far, maybe like aggravated stalking or harrassment. You could probably sue the hell out of him for bringing fear and emotional stress on you. You can even use this forum as evidence as it has a time and date stamp on it also.

I like the sprinkler idea as a deterrant but you never know what that man can do in the future so its best to collect any evidence now.

The problem I had with a neighbor of mine got bad at a point since his dogs kept getting out of his yard and crapping on mine, then scarring my daughter. I told him straight up that I had a gun and I refrained from killing the dog.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I am so sorry this is still happening. Did you see the reply on the frist forum you started about this..the one with the recipe? I just thought that may help. Keep us posted. Do you have any large Male friends...if so, maybe one of them could talk to this jerk! Or maybe you could just take take him some fresh baked cookies to the street, introduce yourself, and tell him to ....stick the cookies where the sun doesn't shine...and take the dog's cookies with him! lol just kidding....I was trying to think of a nice thing to do that may help...but it doesn't sound like he would react to nice at this point...

Lilburn, GA

I phoned the police as he kept staring at the house everytime he walked with his dog.
i think they may have talked to him as I haven't seen him around. They had told him before to keep away from us.

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

you can always scoop up the poop and deliver it back to him in a baggie with a note saying he forgot something. my granny did this ever time theneighbors dog down the road came into her yard. stopped happening after a while.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.