Will I get seeds & who wants them?

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

CLOSED POST - This is my swamp hibiscus/mallow (whatever it is - I forget the name) that has bloomed beautifully. Now it has set some pods and they seem fairly dried up. I opened one and there are lots of little seeds inside the pod. Are these viable and, if so, who would like some?

It was getting a little leggy so I have trimmed a few branches and it seems to like that and has gotten bushier.

Barbara

This message was edited Jul 22, 2006 5:05 PM

Thumbnail by BDunn
Orlando, FL

Barbara, I have a mallow I think and its not blooming this yr and only afew time last yr. Its a double. Someone sent me the seed.I am sure its a mallow as its leaves is just like yours. I have some seeds if you want some. haha not sure I want some more as it takes up a heck of a lot of room. What did you do to make yours bloom? Fran
You have a pretty flower. Thas last yrs seed that I have.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Barbara, you have d-mail.

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I would love some seeds.

Thank you,
Sandy ^8^

This was a small plant last year when I bought it and planted it. I didn't like where it was so I was going to move it and never could decide where to put it so it sat in a plastic pot all winter. Since I wasn't crazy about it, I really kinda' neglected the poor thing. This spring I decide to plant the poor naked thing. Put it in full sun, a little mushroom compost, and occasional Miracle Gro and this is what I got! Amazing! It also gets a good bit of water with the irrigation.

It's not blooming as profusely as it was, but there are plenty of buds. Here's a picture of more of the plant. You can see in both pictures the brown pods I'm assuming are seed pods. Also, it's bushier since I trimmed it. There've been so many pods that I was even throwing some away when I snipped them. Now I'll send some to Alice, Sandy and anyone else that wants some.

Barbara

This message was edited Jul 10, 2006 3:17 PM

Thumbnail by BDunn
Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Barbara, would you send them overseas? I'd like to try with this kind of hibiscus.

Regards

Carlos

Carlos,
I'll be glad to. I guess that's not illegal since I'm not registered or anything?? Dmail me your address.

I guess ya'll are sure these are viable since you are asking for them.

B

Ocean Springs, MS

I'd love some too. Sending you a dmail. julie

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Bdunn are you Crazy :0))?Throwing them beauties away when there is tons of people all over that wants them.
I think Hibiscus seeds are legal to send from Florida and i also think that Carlo doesnt need a phyto to take them in, because I dont.
Janett

You're right, Janett. I shouldn't have thrown any away. I'm sorry for being a bad girl. LOL! Do you wish to have some?

Thanks for the info for sending seeds to Carlo.

Barbara

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

funny how many plant thrive on neglect lol. I usually kill them with kindness. I water to much lol

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

I would love some seeds. Should I D-mail you my adress or can you look in the addy exchange?
Janett

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Do you have any seeds left?

Lavina

I got ya' down for some, Janett and and Lavina. I got both addesses from the Addy Exchange. They'll go out Wednesday or Thursday and I hope they do well for you.
B

Texas/Okla central b, United States(Zone 7b)

I'll be surprised if you get that many seed...BUT.......i wannum if you gottum

Jackie

Thumbnail by jackieshar

those branches you cut will root easily in a wet environment

Jackie, dummy me didn't even think about rooting what I cut off! Duh! I just haven't had my head on straight lately, I guess. Must be the heat.........

Your pic is beautiful. What a pretty setting with the big tree and flowers by the pond.

Now I need your help..............I have 10 pods. I don't know if I should break them open and mail only the little bitty seeds or mail them pod and all. I'm thinking pod and all. Gee, I hope you're wrong about them. I hate to offer something to someone and have it not be as I thought. The one pod I opened had little itty bitty seeds inside. Do you think they will grow?

I wanted to send everyone 2 pods each, but I have 7 people that want them. I guess, to be fair, I'll send 2 to the first 3 people that requested, then send 1 to the other 4 of you that requested......unless anyone wants to wait till I get more. I just don't want to do postage twice.

So here's how we stand -
Ardesia - 2
ILoveJesus99 - 2
Carlo05 - 2
froggies_girl - 1
Janett_D - 1
LavinaMae - 1
jackieshar - 1

Guess all are spoken for till next time. Jackie, give us all advice on what to do with them.
Thanks,
Barbara

This message was edited Jul 11, 2006 3:14 PM

the whole pod will be fine and easier to keep up with, yes the seeds are tiny.I am happy with 1 pod........if I can't get a hib started outta 1 pod I certainly dont need to have 2....;>)
thanks, Can I send u something?...do u have the Red Texas Salvia?......I will have lotsa seed or triple yellow datura ,seeding soon

Thumbnail by jackieshar

Jackie, thanks for the offer, but I haven't been very successful with seeds. That's probably why I'd just as soon give them away. LOL. For now, I'm staying away from seeds, but I appreciate the offer and I'll keep it in mind for the future.

Will get them all in the mail today or tomorrow.

B

Baytown, TX(Zone 9b)

I am also in the addy exchange. ILMK how much for postage Please.

Thank You,
Blessings,
Sandy ^8^

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Thank you,thank you,thankyou. I love these plants.

Lavina

Orlando, FL

Barbara, If you get any more seeds I would like to have some. Just take the seed out of the pod and put it in a envelope. I can send you some other type of seed if you wish in exchange. I now have Dwarf Flamboyant. Lavender Datura. These are small bushes and small flowers. Will have triple orange or yellow soon. Fran

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

If you have any left after this barrage................LOL.....I would love to try some. I can trade or do SASBE.
Just let me know.....

Dee

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

If there are any new pods I would love some too. (after all the first request have been fulfilled) D-mail me and let me know..

I have Aristolochia Watsonii, merrimia D. and Stuart's desert Pea

Thanks,
Marie :o)

This message was edited Jul 14, 2006 2:11 PM

Collierville, TN

Barb, I'd love to have some of your seeds for trade or postage please. I love hibiscus. Jen

hi there..id love some seeds...let me know and many thanks!
pamsue

Well, I solved the problem about dividing seeds to be fair...........I opened all the pods and got quite a few from each one so I've sent about 25 to each person that requested them. They went in the mail this afternoon (finally) except for 3 people that I have Dmailed for their address. I didn't realize there would be so many requests! LOL.

I should add that everyone that posted before this date & time is getting seeds, and I still have 3 packets left if anyone else wants some.

So I hope they work for everyone -- Good Luck!

Barbara

This message was edited Jul 17, 2006 7:07 PM

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Oh, if you have any left, I would love some!! I certainly don't need 25 seeds though. Would you like postage for them?
Thanks ever so much!!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much Barbara, I will refund your postage. Or take a look at my trade list and let me know if there is anything your intrested in and I will tuck it in....
Thanks again :0)

Dee

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh, I would love to have some of your seeds.Please tell me where to send postage.Thanks..DeeS

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Gottum thank you so much.

Lavina

Dees,
I'm putting some in the mail to you to the addy in Address Exchange. A couple of people never sent me their address and it wasn't listed so I couldn't send them. So you lucked out! I hope everyone will post and let us all know how they did. PS/ Postage not necessary.

Barbara

Ladoga, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks, a bunch.Thant is so sweet of you.
DeeS

Mol, Belgium(Zone 8a)

Hi Barbara:
Although I'm in Spain these days - and the next two months - my wife returned to Belgium last weekend and she told me I received the seeds from you. In a pair of weeks I'll visit her and I'll bring the seeds to Spain to plant them.
Thank you very much.

Regards to all.

Carlos

Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Barb, if you get any more I take a few seeds, I haven't seen these without the red eye in them.

:-) Kyle

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 9a)

Kyle, Barb was kind enough to share with me and I have enough to with you. alice

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

Same goes for me, Kyle. She was sweet and sent more than plenty. :)

Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

OK - you got seed pods - would you send or post a picture of the pod ? I have a white one that 2 people have asked for - but I don't know how to " save pod "

Thumbnail by tonyjr
Union City, CA(Zone 9b)

OK - you got seed pods - would you send or post a picture of the pod ? I also have a double pink one that I want to save seeds from - but I don't know how to " save pod " and didn't see any last year - but I don't know what a pod looks like .

Thumbnail by tonyjr
Norwalk, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks people. I'll grow some out for the parks next spring. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.