Help Indentify a dying plant

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

I bought a hanging plant called "dark eyes" at the flower show. they stated if it receives enough sun it will bloom all year. However, after a few weeks of being home, it appears to be drying out and dying, even though I water it almost daily. If you could help identify what the actual name of this plant is and how to save it, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thumbnail by missg
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It looks like a Fuchsia to me, and there is a cultivar called Dark Eyes: http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/124855/index.html
I think your problem is the person who told you to give it sun...fuchsias actually prefer shade, and if they get too much heat and sun it can kill them. I would move it to a shadier location immediately, but it might be too late to save it--the pic is too blurry to really see the extent of the damage but if there are still some green un-shrivelled leaves on it then you have a chance.

Sequim, WA(Zone 8a)

Yeppers, looks like it to me too, if the leaves are all shriveled up, try cutting it down as much as possible, keep it in shade and see if that makes it start growing again (I give my plants a "haircut" about this time and it seems to promote new growth). You did say you water it every day, is it actually getting too much water and sun?
Bec

Philadelphia, PA(Zone 6b)

Thank you so much,
This is my daughter-in laws plant. I post this information
for her, I did not know the name of the plant or how to care
for it. I told her DG will be the place to get infor about this plant.
There's still some leaves that look healthy, I hope it's not to
late to save. I will pass the information on to her.
Thank you Gale

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.