Grean beans is it to late to plant in Midwest?

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Can any one tell me if it is to late to plant more green beans the bush type and what is the best kind to plant now?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

You should be able to plant any 45-60 day cultivar during July. My favorite early is Contender, but any of them should work.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

I plant them in succession so that if some succumb to a disease or pest, there's always a new crop coming along. Happy planting!

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks to all
I have some green beans that I already planted. But I have a new 4x4 raised bed that I want to plant greems bean in it.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

I planted green beans yesterday and will plant once more in a couple weeks. I have planted Florence, Espada, Provider, Derby, and Stringless Gteen Pod [meaty].

Peoria, IL(Zone 5a)

How long after a rain do you wait to plant green beans? Also Is it possible to soak your beans to long and what is the purpose of soaking them? I had beans soaking for 24 hours is this to long are they going to be ok to plant?

Linda

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Myself, I never soak the seeds. Usually you can plant a couple days after a rain this time of year.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I just finished doing a third planting of beans. I can't remember the names of my first planting (tho I think Green Bush was one) but the second was Contender (glad to read it's a fav of Farmer Dill's) as well as the purple bean Royal Burgandy and the third planting (yesterday) was the French Bush Bean 'Montpellier' (wished I had found it's seeds earlier in the year.....I'm not sure if I'll like some of the first ones I planted).

This message was edited Jul 12, 2006 2:30 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.