Yaaaaay!! HardRock is a Big Sister!!!!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Well I didnt say anything ,for fear of jinxing, Big Mama Barred Rock! She decided to Set again, on four of Papa Roo and MamaBB Bantams eggs! Yesterday I heard Peeping and sure enough I got a glimpse of two leeetle tiny heads under Mama Rock! Now that s pretty exciting,especially since Mama has still been letting HardRock sleep with her and set the eggs with her!!!
I separated hard Rock a week ago,but she still sits on top of the brooder cage watching Mama and her siblings!! The net you see is to prevent any rodents or snakes from gettin in to the cage. I also have a glass pane on top for further protection!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I was hoping to get a better pic of the new ones but I didnt want to disturb Mama . Maybe later today or tomrrow! The new ones are soooo small, next to Mama! Being bantams they couldnt be more than a half inch tall!! Soooo cute! I cant wait to see all of them!!! I know for sure there are two,I'm hoping for alll four!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Here they are!! Hard rock was on top of the cage having a fit to see them too!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey mama What 'Cha got there???

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

One little baby ,two little babies, maybe three Im hoping for four!!!! And maybe a little brother , I hope!!!!!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

We have three!!!! ..and of course big SisHardrock!

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

I just couldnt believe it!! Mama actually let Hard Rock eat with the babies! Then the most amazing thing happened!!.........

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Sissy HardRock took feed out of the feeder and stood really still and the babies started to eat from Big Sissy's beak!........

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

" Ahhhhhhh", Mamasay's, " What could be better than this, three babies and a built in Babysitter!"

...And you may say ," I need to get a life", but I say," What could be better!"LoL
(E)

( oh yes, the fourth egg?? Well its in the incubator...We'll see!!!)

Thumbnail by Eufaula
Smithville, Canada

Isn't it sooo cute when they call to the chicks that they've found food. If you listen you can hear them 'call' and the chicks come running to see what's to eat. I had 2 silkies hatch a few eggs and the rooster helps find food too. It's really cute to watch.

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Oh yeah!!! You know Papa Roo is the daddy of these Three also! He watched over Hard Rock almost as much as Mama did! So as soon as she lets other"outsiders" get close to her babies Im sure he will start scratching and calling and protecting these new ones too!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.