• Summer Fun Round Robin •

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

This RR is closed // en route.
====================================

Looking to add a little sunshine to a summer day?

This box will be starting in a flat-rate box, filled to the brim, with summer reading, handmade arts and crafts, special flower seeds/bulbs, and some fun new items from previous exchanges.

Sign-ups will be accepted through midnight Dave's Garden time, Saturday, July 15th.
The box's travel itinerary will be posted on the 16th, and the box will start its journey on the 20th.

*The Rules* By signing up, you agree to the following:

1• I will put values of equal in to replace the items I remove.
I understand that dollar store items don't equal the value of handmade arts and crafts; however, other handmade items OR sale/regular price items may be of equal value.

2• I will post the box within three business days of receipt.
Monday arrival - post by/before Thursday
Tuesday arrival - post by/before Friday
Wednesday arrival - post by/before Monday
Thursday arrival - post by/before Tuesday
Friday arrival - post by/before Wednesday
Saturday arrival - post by/before Wednesday

3• I will post the filled box to the next person via US Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, and will post the delivery confirmation number to this list within a day of sending.

4• I will take care to package any fragile items to withstand the typical bumps of shipping.
Fragiles include things made of glass, ceramic, and even resin. Fragiles wrapped in a layer or two of paper or plastic often arrive broken. This causes others to feel that they should put extra items in to compensate for the loss and results in unfair exchange. Take extra time to wrap fragiles in bubble wrap, shredded newspaper, or packing peanuts. If it won't fit, consider moving all items into a larger box or leaving the item out of this exchange.

By signing up for this Summer Fun Round Robin, you agree to participate by the rules.

To sign up,
send the following to tiffanya via dmail:
• real name
• postal address
• e-mail address

Happy Summer!

This message was edited Jul 20, 2006 1:48 PM

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Travel itinerary—

1) gwendalou – Langley, WA - delivered at 1:00 pm on Friday, July 21, 2006
2) sheran – Northridge, CA - visited
3) babsadventure – Milwaukee, WI - visited
4) dhemmer – Belleville, IL - visited
5) rainy_jane – Hanson, KY - visited
6) kaykay1010 – Cincinnati, OH - visited
7) georgiagarden3 – Arlington, GA - visited
8) amybabyboy3 – Eatonton, GA - visited
9) teresamas – Ormond Beach, FL - visited
10) tiffanya – Sumner, WA - arrived and off to its final destination...!

End

This message was edited Jul 17, 2006 7:38 PM

This message was edited Jul 22, 2006 11:27 AM

This message was edited Aug 10, 2006 7:32 AM

This message was edited Aug 16, 2006 4:54 PM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2006 1:07 PM

This message was edited Sep 1, 2006 5:33 PM

This message was edited Sep 6, 2006 1:09 PM

This message was edited Sep 18, 2006 7:44 AM

This message was edited Sep 26, 2006 5:54 PM

This message was edited Nov 7, 2006 6:19 PM

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Summer Fun Participants:

tiffanya
kaykay1010
rainy_jane
dhemmer
georgiagarden3
babsadventure
gwendalou
teresamas
amybabyboy3
sheran

...closed.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2006 1:48 PM

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

bump! ;-)

count me in.. sounds fun.

also just a note.. when you edit... you can also take out all the old dates......

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Sheran, please d-mail...

To sign up,
send the following to tiffanya via dmail:
• real name
• postal address
• e-mail address

nevermind. got ya from the address exchange.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2006 7:36 PM

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Brief summary of starting contents (forgot to take a photo!): jewelry (ring, necklace, pin), hummingbird feeder, two books, one journal, oven mitt, dog toy, bisque collectible, flower seeds.

Gwen, it's on it's way!
Delivery confirmation #0479 7798 4020 4602 2698

Happy Summer Everyone!! :-)

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

I just got back from an unexpected trip to AZ. My aunt who has ALS was very ill and I had to go down suddenly. I came home today thinking everything was fine for a while, was making arrangements for her to go home with 24 hour nursing care.

My box was here when I arrived this morning. Wonderful stuff! Tiff, I don't think your above list is even complete! There was so much stuff.

A few hours ago,I got a shocking call that my aunt had died. I'm her executor and now have a lot of arrangements to make. I have the box ready to go out, tho. Will mail it tomorrow and post the conf # later tomorrow. But it'll be on its way to Sheran. It's already in a larger box! I can't pack as good as Tiffany. ;)

I'll catch up on this thread when I get back. I took some seeds, a Bill Bryson book, a gardening cd-rom thing, and some picnic tablecloth weights. See, I told you everything wasn't listed. And there's more besides, plus what I added! Very fun box. Whoever gets that ring is a lucky ducky! It didn't fit me. :(

Great box, Tiffany,
Gwen

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

So sorry to hear about your auntie, Gwen. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Ah, yes, that ring is stunning. It's my "high-ticket bonus item" for the RR box. I am hoping that it fits someone on this RR and they will get many years of enjoyment from it.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Hi, ya'll. Sorry to delay in posting the confirmation numbers. I mailed the box to Sheran a few days ago. She may even already have it.

The delivery confirmation # is 0305 1720 0001 3077 4785.

I had to move it up to a larger box, which is not flat rate. You guys will probably want to remove the big stuff and get it down smaller. I had a cute garden-themed door knocker I had bought for this and it just wouldn't fit into Tiffany's boxs Once that's gone, it should go back down to flat rate nicely.

Thanks, Tiffany!

Gwen

Oh yes it arrived today... took a few goodies and added some others. Will be off monday..... and the ring..... it fit, and a plus the stone is my birthstone.
It looks alot like a pave diamond ring I got as a xmas present from my almost hubbie... so its gone.......

fun to see some familiar names.....and thanks gwen for the fun robin. My thoughts are with you while you adjust to your loss.

sheran.

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Wonderful! I'm glad the ring has found a nice home. I picked that up on an online auction several years ago and have been carrying it around. I just love it, but it never fit and was a bit larger setting than I generally wear. :-}

checking babs to see if the box arrived????

any news??????????

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Sheran, please let me know the tracking number. Thanks.

Let me run to the truck and get it..

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

Its arrived!!! I came home and the box was on the porch!! It was so full of goodies and I am soooo excited. I'll repack it and get it off by thursday. Such wonderful items!!! I'll let you all know when it goes out.
.....b

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Wonderful! So glad to hear it didn't get lost on its way. Thanks!! :-)

Happy Summer RR!!

great....

west allis, WI(Zone 4b)

The round robin is back in flight. I sent it off today around 2 ish this afternoon by UPS. The tracking # is1z580x800342375809 and should arrive in Illinois on friday {the clerk at UPS said }. The box is packed full and I think you'll be very pleased wit the treasures it holds. This is really great fun and thank you again tiffanaya for starting it.
b

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

wonderful! :-)

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Getting closer....hehehe

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

OH great I can't wait.I have picked out a few goodies I think someone will enjoy.

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

Well it's here! Oh I love the dragonfly door knocker. I'll have it out Monday
diana

Shelton, WA

So, when you get your package, how about starting another one and include me????? Please oh please

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, I'm sure I'll be hosting more RRs in the future, froggie. ;-)

Cincinnati, OH

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH its is soooooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooo excited. Woo HOO!

Kelly

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Yes, we definitely want Tiffanya to host more robins. She puts great things in them!

Tiffany, I ended up with a different glass garden ornament from the RU than the one I had picked out. It was just in my car when I got home and the one I had picked out was gone. I was thinking, what am I going to do with *this*, it doesn't match my garden colors, but I put it on my patio table to use as a votive holder, and it looks fabulous! I just love it. And it's so unusual - I'm the only one that has one!

Gwen

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Oh, good. I'm glad you like my RRs! I always try to include things I would buy for myself. :-)

And I'm glad the garden ornament worked out despite not being the original one you picked out. I got the idea for making those here on DavesGarden from Vee8ch.

I have a large glass bowl and will be making myself a bird bath from it. I just need to find a base for it that will look good in my garden. I have something in mind...just haven't found it yet. I need to get to more garage sales. LOL! ;-)

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Post some pics of some of the other vases/bowls your made. Maybe I'll get some ideas and get inspired!

Gwen

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

For inspiration...
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/577228/

and it's continuation...
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/604369/

These are vee8ch's flowers; a couple of mine are also in there as well as others. There are instructions on how to make them too. (I love DG!) :-)

I recieved one time a beautiful bird feeder made from a bowl and coffee cup..
it had a pvc connection and pvc pipe for the base..just an idea.

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

Sheran, those have become very popular here. They're always at art and crafts shows and such. It's a great idea, but maybe become overdone, at least in this area.

Gwen

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Ah, yes. I first saw those about 8 years ago at a holiday craft show in Seattle. Like Gwen noted, they are pretty popular around here at the festivals. I've never seen one in a yard yet, though I think they're quite nice.

Belleville, IL(Zone 6a)

Mailed the box this AM. Jane it's on the way! Confirmation # is
0306 0320 0003 5030 0180
thanks for allowing me to play with all of you
diana

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Hi Diana,
I can't wait! Kinda like Christmas in August...but better!
Jane

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Woo-hoo! I hope you found some fun goodies diana!

Hanson, KY(Zone 6a)

Man...you guys weren't kiddin were you?...there is some really neat stuff in here!
I've already picked out a couple of things I've just gotta have for myself for sure... like the adorable Shoe Box Bear & little Kitty Cucumber figurine and maybe one more little something for my doggies.
This is so much fun!!!!....let's just keep on sending it back around again and again and again when it get's back to the beginning...what ya think?
One word of advice though...don't let the children or grandchildren in the room when ya open it....cause they will want everything! Even my hubby wanted something!
Will let you know the delivery confirmation number when it's on the way.
Thanks Everyone, It's been fun!
Jane

Cincinnati, OH

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't breathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooexcited. My turn!!!!!!

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL. That would be interesting -- the 'never ending' RR!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.