LPB/PBS bonsai program

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Does anyone remember the name of the program/guy/method of a man from Florida who was on 20+ yrs ago? He used an unconventional method to get instant results. I'd like to see how he did it. Anybody got a clue?
Johanna

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Are you by any chance referring to Brian Batchelder. I was given a copy of his book 'New Horizons in Bonsai'.

This statement is made on the fly page "Horticulturist Brian Batchelder shows new techniques about an old art as demonstrated in a 13- part series on public television, produced by WLRN-TV, channel 17, Miami Florida.

Copyright 1990 Produced and published in cooperation with WLRN

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Why, yes it is! Have you looked over the book?

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

I have been interested in bosai culture for over 50 years and have played with it during that time. I have used several volumes by bonsai masters so am familiar with the basics. This is a simplified "americanized" set of instructions that I would suggest anyone interested in getting started would find helpful and not at all intimidating.

Many of the manuals treat bonsai as something sacred ( and I realize it is to many oriental cultures) but for many of us the bonsai is an interesting hobby and the plants we train will be gone in a few years, if that is your inclination you will find this book interesting.
Lane

Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks so much. I just looked at Amazon and found 5 used copies. I will order one. All I needed was the info you provided. I am interested in using some of the succulents for subjects. Hopefully I can send pictures before too long.
Johanna

Bandung, Indonesia

Do you have any comments about this bonsai - one of my collection ([HYPERLINK@www.bonsaistar.com]) ?

Species : Pitosporum

Style : Brom

Height : 35 cm

Thumbnail by limadijaya
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

This is a lovely tree. I don't know much about bonsai, but the balance is very good. Nice job!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.