Vent Hood for GE Profile

Carrollton, TX(Zone 7b)

We're building and I am trying to decide on a vent hood for our GE Profile. Probably will stay with the GE because that's what our builder offers. There is a GEJV566HSS for $409 and a GE Profile 36" Designer Hood for $765 through the builder. The Designer hood does look nicer, but they are comparable in performance. Could someone please tell me what's the most important thing in selecting a hood...I know to get the cooking odors out, but what else??? Also what is the "Sones Rating"? The one for $409 shows Sones Rating: Rear Exhaust of 7.5 and Sones Rating: Top Exhaust -Round 7.0
The Designer Hood shows: Sones Rating: Top Exhaust 7.0, Vertical Exhaust-Round (Cubic Fee/Minute 600); it does not show a rear exhaust in the designer specs. If anyone has one of these, please let me know how noisey they are. Help! I need to make a decision. Is a vent hood something that is easily replaced after I build.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!