Baby zucchini

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Here's a pic of my day old zucchini plant and his younger friend. I decided I'd better run out and take a picture before they get chomped by varmints, too. (Sigh.)

Thumbnail by White_Hydrangea
Oxford, NS(Zone 5b)

I hope they make it. I use a floating row cover over mine to protect them from varmints, until they are bigger and more resilient. The kind I use allows through 85% of sunlight and is water permeable. It works really well for me and it's not very expensive. I would recommend it if you want to protect from varmints. My varmints are insects and rabbits. Maybe it wouldn't work for deer or other bigger varmints, I'm not sure.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

Talk about floating rows....

It's pouring down rain here right now, and I'm afraid all of my little seedlings are going to wash away! I think I may have trouble with squirrels. They raid my strawberry pots, too. This morning I found that two of them had been dumped off the picnic table, taken out of their pots and chewed on. And they love to chomp seedlings down to the ground. I had a blue potato plant just poking up out of the soil Sunday, and now I can't even find it.

I think it's cute the way the baby zucchini is wearing his seed like it's a little hat!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.