Poppy #2

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

These guys are soooo cute! Not what I expected at all. I planted hundreds of seeds. This is my second to bloom and there are dozens following close behind...I am breathless! (But a little freaked out because I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I just KNOW they will bloom while I'm away!)

Thumbnail by Sequee

Very pretty!

We sowed P. rhoeas a little late this year so we're hoping for some late summer blooms :)

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I had another one of these out this morning - sooo cute! I don't know their names, though - someone sent me a mixed bag of seds, so I have mixed 2005, mixed 2006, pink peony poppy, red peony poppy, red corn poppy, breadseed poppy, and Poppy Flanders. Hopefully I'll be able to name a few as they pop up! They really are a joy to behold!

East Barre, VT(Zone 4a)

I think poppies are my favorite annuals, too. The foliage in that photo looks so lush and healthy, too, so that even if you didn't get another bloom, you still have some fine looking plants.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I went on a 4 day vacation (leaving 40 buds behind) and was so worried they'd all bloom while I was gone! I came home to 25 buds and a 15 lovely blossoms...sigh! Why did I never grow these before??? They are so simple - so pure - so lovely!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.