Antique Glass Globes-pics

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I found these at a middle school science class room and knew they would come in handy one day...I have 4 of these which I am going to turn them into tiny plant terrariums...

Thumbnail by Moodene

Thumbnail by Moodene
Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Perfect! What luck you have.

The Heart of Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Those are a real treasure!
Be sure & post more pics as you deside what you plant.

MsC

I forgot to mention that our middle school(high school in 1950's) was torn down to make way for our primary school..So I had a chance to go thru the school and get what I wanted since I worked for the school district..These were going to be thrown away along with some other treasures I found...little tiny rocks and gems!!!
I have some glass bowls that will fit inside of the globes...but have to check out little plants first...to see what I can do...lol...

Try some Micro sinningias & African Violets.:)

I love mine.

MsC

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Moodene,
Great idea. I hope I can find some.
Patti

Hiya Patti!!!! :D

I had another thought for Modeene ... those would be great for rooting lil cuttings of plants that might be a bit challenging. Just something to think about.:)

MsC

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

very nice! Since they're tall, you won't be limited to the short plants that are the usual candidates for goldfish bowls.

LOL..I am getting offers to sell them to the highest bidder...notttt!!! I love them too much to sell them...sheeze....

Haha... welcome to DG-bay.

MsC

Edited for typo...lol

This message was edited Jul 5, 2006 2:29 PM

DC metro, VA(Zone 7b)

roflol !!

LOLOLOL...these must be a gems to a collector"s eye..but I am still not selling them...they outta luck...
Nadine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.