Garden Irrigation

Marshall, MO(Zone 5b)

With all the dry weather we've been having and the poll being on the subject , I'd like to explore the diferent possibilities available to water the garden. At the present I'm useing soaker hoses but am coptiplating putting in a drip system, if I can decide on which type system to go with. Any sugestions?

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

We've got drip irrigation out in our little home orchard and soaker hoses in most of the other garden areas. We connected them all up to a manifold with 6 electronic valves, controlled by a timer, and I can't tell you how wonderful it is to water the garden (or turn off the irrigation when it rains) by going to the controller inside the dining room!

I called the folks at mrdrip.com and got lots of good advice there (from Daryll, I think, but it was several years ago now).

Sonoma County, CA(Zone 8b)

For drip, it seems to be more important to be loyal to the brand your supplier is loyal to. Our local shop changed suppliers 3 times in 5 years - makes repairs tricky! We finally changed to the commercial irrigation supplier in town, and they have stocked the same brand for 7 years. We also bought plenty of spares to make repairs easy.

I still use soakers in heavily populated beds, but we use drip everywhere else - even in the cornfield.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.