Wild Sunflowers/Black-eyed Susans

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I dug these up many years ago along a ditch on our dirt road..The county scrapers and such have almost done away with them on this road..They are thriving in my yard..Almost to the point of being invasive, but at least they beat the weeds that are usually taking over by this time each year.

Larkie

Thumbnail by Larkie
Kingston, MA

Beautiful Larkie.............I love the natural habits of wildflowers!!! Yes and much nicer than weeds to say the least lol.

dj

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Yep Larkie, as I say, I like to pick my "poison". If it's an invasive that will get rid of those things you don't want, and look pretty too, why not!!!!!

People tell me, Yeck! 4:00's, Yeck! yarrow. I love to see more of these and hope they over take the ancient dreaded prickling asparagus fern.

I aim to get some of what you have very soon now. I do believe they will love living on my sandhill.

Molly
:^))))

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Molly,
They thrive on neglect and also on TLC..lol If you need seeds, just holler..

Larkie

Atmore, AL(Zone 8b)

These are growing all over the pine forest across from my house. It was logged some this year so it remains to be seen how well the sunflowers survived.

Springboro, PA(Zone 5a)

Here is a wildflower meadow I photographed on a State Game Lands here in N.W. PA.Lots of black eyed susans here.

John

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.