Canker on Tropical Hibiscus, plus fungus gnats?

Bexley, OH(Zone 5b)

If you have ANYTHING to enlighten me here, I'd thoroughly appreciate it. 3 of my cherished trees are in danger from this thing. Mucho thanks in advance for any responses!! Polly

Thumbnail by ppocket
Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't know anything about canker and can't really see much of anything in your picture, but the only time I've ever seen fungus gnats was in situations (usually seed starting) where I had too much moisture around. I don't think they harm the plants in any way, but they're a sign of other problems. If the canker is caused by fungus then that could be why they're around. Either way, I don't think you need to do anything specifically about the gnats, they should go away once the other problem is fixed.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

your plants look pretty healthy to me. judging from the size of them, i would say they could use bigger pots and maybe a root pruning when you transplant. your picture doesn't show the bottoms but i'm hoping you don't have them sitting in saucers, that could be your problem.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

And I'm trusting those very nice pots have good holes in the bottom? Can you get a close picture of the canker? Where is it located?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.