Favorite Flower Scents = Favorite Perfume?

Lake Forest, CA(Zone 10a)

Hi everyone!
I'm a fairly new DG member, and have been so busy on the rose and morning glory forums that I haven't had a chance to say hello over here. My favorite flower to smell is the Carnation, so I devoted an entire bed to Carnations and Dianthus. I also have Lavender planted under my front room window, a rose by the front door, and Jasmine by the mailbox- fragrance everywhere!

I happen to be curious though- do our favorite perfumes contain the flower or fruit notes that we love to plant in our gardens?

My two favorite perfumes to wear in Fall and Winter are Opium and 273. In the summer, Wings is nice, or just pure pear or apple body mist. What are yours?

So, I know that Opium is considered a Spicy Oriental, and carnations are spicy/clovey so I see a connection, but I wonder what else is in it and what's in 273? I am going to do some research and post what I find!

OK- well, here are the contents of Opium:FRAGRANCE NOTES - gardenia, exotic fruits, along with soft amber and sandalwood

FRAGRANCE NOTES - exotic florals, mandarin and coriander blend to create this rich, exotic fragrance

I LOVE eating Mandarin Orabges, and I love the smell and taste of coriander

And here is 273's description:

FRAGRANCE NOTES - gardenia, exotic fruits, along with soft amber and sandalwood

273 is classified as Flowery scented. I love sandalwood and gardenia.

This message was edited Jul 2, 2006 4:03 PM

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

The 'Goldflame Honeysuckle' is the most fragrant for me in my garden.
Next in line is the 'Halls Honeysuckle'.
Then sweet peas.
Star Jasmine
Some oriental lilies are pretty potent if walking by in the morning.
Tho those mention are the summer ones.
In the late winter/early spring, of course, the 'Daphne Ordora'
Carol

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

croclover,
I think you have something there!! I find the scents I'm most attracted to match the scents I enjoying wearing. Many have pleasent fragrances but some definately are IT...goes the same with perfumes!! Opium is wonderful btw

I love Opium, and I have since I was a little girl and it was the first perfume I ever bought myself!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Love that opium too. I just changed and bought something else.. can't remember the name, but will get some of the opium again (when it is on sale) I love gardenias, orange blossoms, honeysuckle, roses, ...

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

On that note, I came across this post referring to a parfumer in PlantFiles when researching the Tea Olive, (my favorite fragrance) that I had never seen! Due to the hurricane, perhaps they need our help?
http://www.hoveparfumeur.com/default.htm

I tend to like like different fragances according to the season, in the summer 'Green Tea' is one of my fav's, winter is #5!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.