Canna anybody tell me what these are?

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

WHen the weather turned warm this past spring, we had lots of these small cannas popping up under the naner trees. Ovbviosuly the previous owners planted them...but neglected to leave any info as to what they are. I moved them to the front bed where they can get more light and they ahve really gone bonkers ...multiplying like rabbits...and finally blooming! The leaves are plain green and they are really small compared to my red cannas. Heck, for that matter, they are small compared to my Bengal Tiger and my Striped Beauty. I don't know if you can tell by the pic (I don't have a zoom feature on my camera so it is hard to get good close ups...guess what Santa is bringing me next Christmas????)...anyway, the flowers are bright yellow with orange speckles in the throat.

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Here is a close up...but like I said, it is blurry because of my lousy camera. Oh well, what can you expect from a digital camera that is about 5 years old???

Thumbnail by BamaBelle
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Yup those are cannas all right paul

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

LOL! I guess I should have made my question a little more clear. Does anyone know what the name of these cannas are?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Good one paul!!

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

those might be tropical yellow paul

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

Richard Wallace is a yellow with red speckles.....Are those white petals with the yellow, or just spent blooms?

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Not sure...I think they are just bleached from the heat. It is around 100 every day and drought conditons, so by the time the flowers open, they are wilted.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

there to short for RW paul

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Maybe the cannas and the 'naners got together and made cabanas?

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

ROFL! Now that is funny...I don't care who you are! I finally got to see a bloom before the heat got to it. No white on them. Solid yellow with orange speckles in the throat.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

might be primrose yellow paul

Headland, AL(Zone 8a)

Yep, that is waht it looks like! Thanks a million, Paul!

Marcie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.