July Daily Weather, What's going on in your neighborhood?

Taylor Creek, FL(Zone 10a)

Join me here daily with your weather and those great garden shots. If we had done last month all in one thread we would have gone over 300 post. God bless each and everyone of you and this wonderful USA that we are celebrating the 230th Bithday of.
Historic Springfield, Jacksonville, Florida
Elevation: 37 ft / 11 m
78.8 °F / 25 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 80%
Dew Point: 72 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph / 0 km/h
91° F | 70° F, 33° C | 21° C, Clear
Gonna get and be hot for the next few days.
Hope all these cuttings I took make it.
;)

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Beautiful cuttings, Sugar. I loved your opening remarks so much, I'm not even going to mention the bloom! LOL
Pati

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

God bless you too Sugar..
Lovely Coleus you have there.

Sunny
80 F
Soft breeze
Janett

Thumbnail by Janett_D
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

G'Mornin, Sidney & all!

Hot for the next few days.......right now, it's overcast with the temps at 78o and humidity at 93%.

Have my bubbler goin for some allamanda vines and brugs promised to some friends here. No transplanting on these next two days, although I was tempted!

Thumbnail by grakay

Yes, I keep this on my "Desk top" http://www.farmersalmanac.com/gardening/gardening.html
And refresh it every 2 months. It helps me know what to do when the best.
(So after you pull it up go up there and click file and save to, so you can see it wheather you are on line or not.)
Sidney

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

It's thundering, so I'm probably going to turn the computer off right after this. There is a good chance of rain everyday this week, which is great. :-) I was just starting to think about hooking the sprinklers back up after the last rains.

Mostly Cloudy 87°F (31°C)
Humidity: 65 %
Wind Speed: NE 6 MPH
Barometer: 30.10" (1019.2 mb)
Dewpoint: 74°F (23°C)
Heat Index: 95°F (35°C)
Visibility: 8.00 mi.

Mine are turned back on. Dern-it!
;)

Watching the weather here for the launch. They are running a live feed from control to the shuttle and various other places. NEATO!!!
Pati

http://www.emergencyemail.org/nasawang3.asp?gclid=CLGR7dLe8IUCFQMxUAodWTL7lQ

PS takes a minute to load

This message was edited Jul 1, 2006 3:13 PM

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Pretty cool! (I used to work on the space shuttle - actually, the engines, not the whole thing.)

Space shuttle update from http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts121/status.html

1941 GMT (3:41 p.m. EDT)

SCRUB. Launch director Mike Leinbach has called a scrub for today's countdown. Weather conditions at the Kennedy Space Center are unacceptable for launch during the narrow launch window this afternoon, forcing a 24-hour postponement. Sunday's target launch time is 3:26 p.m. EDT.

"It's not a good day to launch," ascent flight director Steve Stich radioed from Mission Control-Houston.

Great site, Kell!
Pati

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

A lovely day here to celebrate Canada's Birthday (July 1st).

Canada Day

On June 20, 1868, a proclamation signed by the Governor General, Lord Monck, called upon all Her Majesty's loving subjects throughout Canada to join in the celebration of the anniversary of the formation of the union of the British North America provinces in a federation under the name of Canada on July 1st.

23°C / 74°F
Partly cloudy

WIND NW 9 km/h
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 44%
DEWPOINT 10°C
PRESSURE 101.60 kPa
VISIBILITY 24 km
CEILING 30000 ft

I enjoyed your link Kelli! :)

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli, the fine leaved plant is a standing cypress. Ipomopsis rubra.

Nice opening Sugar! Beautiful coleus! Thanks for the almanac page!

Just almost 90* and the sun is back out. Up at 2:30 am shutting windows for a brief rain. Couple more quick but hard bursts this morn.

Daylily, Awesome Blossom, bless it's little heart. I just planted it this spring. Kind of a strange color.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Best day of the week, here.
Low 58 F, high 85, now 82, partly cloudy, dew point 53 (so nice), WSW wind at 10 with gusts to 28 MPH.

Janett, You grow almost everything, don't you. Wow.

Billy, I really like that DL, should be very impressive next year. Good one.

Sarah, my dog, will have to go on Valium soon. The neighborhood parties have already started and Fireworks are sure to follow.
I gave her a bath today, too. She hates when I do that, LOL.

My 3 Clematis vines.
Andy P

Thumbnail by Sarahskeeper
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Love the clematis for a backing!

Poor Sarah. Our cocker spaniel used to have horrendus ''fear breath'' every forth of July. She didn't like the school bus that used to go past because it backfired occasionally. I called it the cruel bus. Thunder was another bad deal!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Billy, Yes thunder. I need about 90 minutes warning so I can give her the pill.
Thank heavens for radar.
Andy P

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

She's so pretty. The pit in her is really softened isn't it? That picture is perfect for an 8 x10.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

89° high....about 68° low....... breezy

I used to have a beagle that was terrified of thunder.

My parents had a lhasa apso and she was afraid of thunder, too. She'd try to hide herself among the boxes under my mom's bed.

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on July 01, 2006
Observed at: Van Nuys, California
Elevation: 797 ft / 243 m
100 °F / 38 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 21%
Dew Point: 53 °F / 12 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h from the SE
Pressure: 29.78 in / 1008 hPa
Heat Index: 98 °F / 37 °C
Visibility: 10.0 miles / 16.1 kilometers
UV: 10 out of 16

They're calling for a low of 66F tonight. Thank goodness it cools down at night.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Kelli that is so pitifully funny!

What was really funny about my parents' dog was how she hated the paper boy. He'd open the storm door and throw the paper into the entry and the dog would fly down the stairs and hurl herself at the storm door. She wasn't any bigger than a minute, but the paper boy was terrified of her.

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

ROTFL!!!!!

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Good morning world!

74* cool and cloudy. Chance of rain later.

This is why I need a better camera! Sunflowers a neighbor gave me.

Heliopsis?

Thumbnail by billyporter

Andy I have Clemantis envy. I have some, but the heat prevents those great flushes. And save Sarah's picture. Pit and what?
Pati you had me out checking for buds on those cuttings. I did find one and It is gone!
I think that looks like a dahlia, but what do I know Billy?
88.0 °F / 31.1 °C
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 44%
Dew Point: 63 °F / 17 °C
Wind: 3.1 mph / 4 km/hVariable
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h
Sidney

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

82o
feels like 87o
humidity 75%
winds ENE 5 mph

Flutterbye climbing rose

Thumbnail by grakay
Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

It would be a pretty dahlia Sugar, but the neighbor is on a heliopsis kick and these wintered over in zone 5.

Kelli, this is a bed of Standing Cypress. When it blooms I'll have another picture for you.

Thumbnail by billyporter
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sidney, That pic of Sarah is from last Summer, yes I'll keep it., lol.
When I adopted her she was very overweight and really looked like a Pit / Lab mix. After loosing 10 pounds (18%), it's a real toss-up.
Warm and humid here.
Low 64, High 86, now 82. Lots of mid-level clouds with a threat of T'storms later. Breezy SW wind gusting to 28. Dew point 65.

Day Lily
Andy P

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

Her way her ears set on her head, white chest marking and slightly barrel chest could be a pit. She looks sweet tho.

GLOOMY Florida day...the kind that makes me whine. The clouds have that low, gray look that they get up north when it's going to snow. (sigh)

The shuttle launch was scratched too. I guess they have their reasons, but as long as they have been blasting off in FL, they should know to have their launch times in the MORNING! Our weather pattern is afternoon thunder storms. (sigh again)

The dog ate my new Hibiscus blooms, I have aphids on one Passiflora, and I think there's a clog in the septic line. (sigh, whine, whine)
Pati

Observed at: Ft Pierce, Florida
Elevation: 23 ft / 7 m

83 °F / 28 °C
Light Rain
Humidity: 82%
Dew Point: 77 °F / 25 °C
Wind: 8 mph / 13 km/h from the East
Pressure: 30.16 in / 1021 hPa

Heat Index: 92 °F / 33 °C

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Conditions at 4:00 PM EDT on July 2, 2006
Temperature 93.6 °F
Relative Humidity 22.3 %
Dew Point Temperature 49.4 °F
Wet Bulb Temperature 69.7 °F
Atmospheric Pressure 30.18 in
Wind at 1.0mph
Heat Index 93.6 °F
WBGT Index 82.5 °F
2 in. Soil Temperature 107.3 °F
4 in. Soil Temperature 91.4 °F
8 in. Soil Temperature 86.4 °F
Soil Moisture (12 in) 20.6 %
Solar Radiation 776.0 W/m2
Cumulative Rain Since 12:00 AM 0.00 in
Maximum Air Temperature 93.6 °F at 4:00 PM
Minimum Air Temperature 66.6 °F at 7:00 AM
Maximum Wind Speed 1.0 mph at 12:00 AM

It's getting dry again

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Billy, Just don't tell my homeowner insurance company that I have a Pit. They'll drop me.
Andy P

Nichols, IA(Zone 5a)

I hear you! Luckily, they won't know for sure.

70* and awoke to a symphonic thunderstorm! Kind of a big word for me but it popped into my head.

I love those "Crossword parlor words" billy and Andy I downloaded the picture of Sarah. You aren't the only one feeding valium to their dogs, it seems to be needed for several DG dogs. I however personally need the stuff for firecrackers I just maintain new gray hairs instead.
As of 15secs ago
89.8 °F / 32 °C
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 59 °F / 15 °C
Wind: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h from the ENE
Wind Gust: 5.8 mph / 9 km/h
I sure wish those clouds would do something.
Sidney

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

85.4 °F / 29.7 °C
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 64%
Dew Point: 72 °F / 22 °C
Wind: 9.6 mph / 15.4 km/h from the ENE
Wind Gust: 14.5 mph
Heat Index: 91 °F

Sidney, this is the lil thing that jumped onto my head while we were on the phone. He hasn't been back since that night.....stays in the pond, now. Guess I pushed him too hard! LOL

Thumbnail by grakay

Yes folks Gracie was talking to me on the phone when she screamed, then made a dash for the camera. Good work Gracie!
I want some good ole real frogs sooooo bad, but I guess it's too hot and I have no pond yet.
Here is a baby I got a shot of this week. It was one inch long. They eat many insects. I love them.
Sidney

Thumbnail by sugarweed
Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

It's a beauty here today.
99% cloud free, light SW breeze, low was 71 F, high so far is 90, dew point is a comfortable 55.
We had a tiny sprinkle over night. Next chance of rain is mid-afternoon tomorrow when it gets humid again.

The first Balloon flower of the season.
Andy P

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Conditions at 1:15 PM EDT on July 3, 2006
Temperature 88.8 °F
Relative Humidity 44.9 %
Dew Point Temperature 64.7 °F
Wet Bulb Temperature 73.0 °F
Atmospheric Pressure 30.20 in
Wind at 1.0mph
Heat Index 90.6 °F
WBGT Index 86.0 °F
2 in. Soil Temperature 100.2 °F
4 in. Soil Temperature 87.2 °F
8 in. Soil Temperature 84.1 °F
Soil Moisture (12 in) 20.1 %
Solar Radiation 845.0 W/m2
Cumulative Rain Since 12:00 AM 0.00 in
Maximum Air Temperature 88.8 °F at 1:15 PM
Minimum Air Temperature 69.1 °F at 7:00 AM
Maximum Wind Speed 1.0 mph at 12:00 AM

Thumbnail by berrygirl
Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

We are really hot and very dry here. All my poor plants are suffering terribly. Just like Berrygirl, I'm on well water and I don't want to risk running out of water by using too much for irrigation. I may get out there this evening and haul a few watering cans full to the drooping cukes and summer squash. We are "promised" by TWC for a 30% chance of shower and one passed us by yesterday by a few miles. Maybe today we will get lucky.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Rosemary, it's not too different here although we did get a TS yesterday and some scant rain. Whatever happened to all the rainfall in the mountains?

Happy independence day all!
" Status Summary
The crew module hatch swung shut at 12:22 p.m."
Looks like we may have lift-off in an hour.
Sidney

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.