Hot Pepper Wax

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I just got my bottle in the mail today. Came really fast. This weekend I'll be treating my veggies with it. Has anyone else used this? How did it work?

Related question. Do pepper plants ever have trouble with bugs? I'm surprised bugs are attacking one of my potato plants since the leaves are toxic.

Olympia, WA(Zone 8b)

White,
Maybe your potato attacking bugs are suicidal?? lol

As to your ? re: bugs on peppers, hows this??: http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/612762/

Best;
bluelytes

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

I've used hot pepper spray before with pretty good luck. I also use cayenne pepper sprinkled on plants, but you have to repeat that after rain, so the waxy spray can be better.

At times I'd have to rotate using a cayenne type treatment with something like blood meal or some other organic critter repellant. Otherwise it seemed they became accustomed to whatever I was currently using.

Good luck.

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

I use hot pepper for the bunnies. For potato plants and the damage they receive from flea beetles, I use neem. Use the Bt specific to the colorado potato beetle to take care of that bug.

Aurora, CO(Zone 5a)

I've heard of Neem being specific for flea beetles. I do want to get that and Bt, too. I planted a lot of potatoes, and I live in Colorado, so an ounce of prevention here seems appropriate.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.