What's blooming for you right now?

St. Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Maybe I'm being impatient, but it seems my lobelia are taking forever to bloom. None of the ones back from last year have opened up any blooms yet, but the foliage is big and nice.

Last week I put some Shultz 10-54-10 on them try and kick start them. Also, the cardinal climber I started in February is climbing but no buds.

Am I just impatient? What's blooming for you all?

Maureen

Hi Maureen,
My daylilies are blooming like mad, beautiful colors this year. My roses aren't doing so well. I planted about 30-40 bushes this year. The rabbits got to the new growth and they just don't seem to be recovering. I've also planted a bunch of Brugmansia - they are finally taking off. Hopefully, those lobelia of yours will take off and bloom soon. Goodluck.

Crystal

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

one daylillie they did nothing this yr. as the iris's did not either weather to crazy for 3 months.

Southeast, NE(Zone 5a)

The only thing I have going on is the trusty marigolds (of course), and my one lonely daylily that's looking just great. Everything else is nothing but promises so far.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 5b)

Rabbits! I feel your pain crystalnurse....I finally had to get a trap and cart him across the Missouri river after he killed 71/2 of my plants, 4 of those returning lobelia http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/617171/
The chipmunks are another story....

Looks like I'm not the only one. I hope the hummers and butterflies start coming anyway!

thanks,

Maureen

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Our coneflowers, bachelor buttons, some lilies, and hyancith beans are blooming. I think that's it here. They won't last long though because of the drought and heat.

Fulton, MO

Blooming now is Phlox 'David' and 'Franz Shubert,' Centrathus ruber, Teucrium chaemadrys, Glossy Abelia, Teucrium hyrcanicum ‘Purple Tails’, Agastache ‘Honey Bee Blue’, Diervilla lonicera ‘Copper’ (just finishing), Echinacea pallida (ust finishing), Echinacea purpurea ‘Bravado’, Echinops ritro, Perovskia atriplicifoli, Stachys officinalis, and an Eryngium for which I forgot to save the tag, darn it!

Also have daisies and black eyed susans blooming. They are part of the wildflower garden.

Maureen,
I think I fed all the rabbit babies this year. I'd be watering my flowers and out would scurry those little ones. Geez, they are cute - but sure would like to see a lot of climbing roses on my fence. I finally bought "deer off" to help keep the bunnies away.

Sure wish the hummer's would return. Wondering if they ever will. I've got lots of good flowers planted for them this year. If only...........

Crystal

Jeffersonville, IN(Zone 6b)

this just bloomed for me tonight!

Thumbnail by indiana_lily
Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I have lots of dayllilies, some poppies and patch of purple phlox (that smells just wonderful), a rose bush that decided to bloom again, purple coneflower and various other bits and peices. I am really enjoying the scented geraniums and elephant ears that I got this year.

We have two male and two female humming birds that seem to be spending a lot of time in the garden. I put a feeder under my rose arbor and one under the porcein berry vine arbor. The shade seems to keep the hummingbird necter fresh for a longer time. It also allows me to sit within a foot or so of them when they come to visit. I need to invest in a digital camera so I can take pictures.

Indiana Lily, that is a beautiful angel's trumpet. Thank you so much for sharing that with us! :)

Thanks Tetleytuna!
This is my first brug. I bought it last Friday and the pod had just started to open. So, I've been very anxious all week to see the bloom because the nursery did not know what variety of brug it is.

I envy you with the hummers!! I had one earlier this summer, and he's disappeared. I clean the feeder every 3 - 4 days I have it over some foxglove but I think he was just a scout.

Let's see, besides the mystery brug, I have roses, coneflower, hibiscus, mandevilla, clematis, nemesia, fuschia, and princess lilies all blooming now.

Indiana_lily, put a picture of the brug on the canna forum. They will identify it for you.

Pepper, I do currently have it posted on the brug forum, so hopefully someone will be able to help out soon! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.