Hey Mark!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

What's up with P. Belotii? Is this not a sterile plant? What is up with the fruit?

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Sugar Land, TX(Zone 9a)

It's passion fruit!

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Yes, but I thought this plant was fruitless. It has never had fruit before.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I found one of these on mine too. Not sure if it is the same cultivar but I was out checking on one of my vine and found what looks to be the exact same thing.

Huntington Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Mark,

You gave me a baby Constance Elliot last year at the RU and it has gotton hugh. I was out doing some trimming on it yesterday and also found some of these pods that Janice posted. Is this a fruit or seed pod?

Donna

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Cearulea is full of fruit-not tasty fruit though but I have never seen a fruit on this one.

San Diego, CA

Wow!!!!!!!!!! A personally address thread. I feel important. The Belottii will sometimes fruit but the fruits never have anything in them, so don't get too excited. Funny thing is, I have never ever had one myself that has fruited and yet I've seen quite a few over the years.
Mark

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I cut one open and sure enough-found nothing! It has a thick skin though. I am leaving the other fruits just to see what they do. I cannot keep them picked off of the caerula so I will probably have the beasts all over the place. It is trying to take over belotii's spot on the lathe now but I keep it yanked off of it. The red riding hood mandevilla does not find it a good neighbor either.

I have been planting the ill gotten gains from the RU and will continue as soon as it cools off. Only 10 bags of manure left to turn under.
Janice

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.