Check this new Mandivilla out

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

Just got it at Lowe's and some of the blooms were striped. It just jumped up in my buggy and said I had to save it from the evil overseer.

Lavina

Thumbnail by LavinaMae
Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

These are the buds
Now I need the name as all it says is Mandevilla assortment.
Any Ideas?

Lavina

Thumbnail by LavinaMae
Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

LOL, funny how well plants can jump, isn't it? They jump in my cart all the time too! LOL
That is really pretty Lavina, could it be an Alice DuPont?
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/48935/index.html

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

It's a new cultivar, and for the life of me I can't remember what it is called. Maybe someone will come up with the name.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

It really looks like Alice Dupont to me. And since it was purchased from Lowes rather than a nursery I would be surprised if it were a brand new cultivar (additionally, many of the new cultivars have plant patents and would never be sold just labelled as assorted Mandevilla). I see Alice Dupont and Red Riding Hood all the time at Lowes and Home Depot by me, but I've never seen anything fancier than those two.

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I bought a new one like that at HD I cannot remember the name though. Calling my son now to see if he can tell me.

Glen Rock, PA

If you grow these from seed (as easy to grow as green beans), you will get a variety of colors. You can get plants from almost pure white, to white with light pink spirals to dark pink with darker spirals and everything in between. The ones here are pollinated by the night-flying Hawkmoths. I grow a few extra tomatoes for the hornworms to eat, and the hornworms grow up to be Hawkmoths.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.