latest pictures from my container garden

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

here is the cloud nine eggplant in my eb

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this is the second cloud nine

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

these are the basil. they really took off. you can smell them as soon as you go out onto the deck

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

this last one is the five gallon container that has both mints and parsley

Thumbnail by HERBIE43
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice. My outdoor herbs are slow growing this year - and pretty buggy from all this rain. Fortunately I have Thyme, Parsely, Basil, and dried Rosemary growing indoors, too, so I'm cookin' right!

Has you wife adjusted to the Deck Decor?

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

very nice big brother!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

sequee - since we built the deck using that composite wood she does not want to put up the canopy because it has to get fastened to the wood soooo we don't use it much. three thousand dollars for a deck and railing and we don't sit out there.

lil sis - thanks

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Guess it's a good thing you are using for a garden then! (Do you at least have a table with an umbrella?)

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

a table and four chairs. no unbrella. we used to have a 12 x 20 ft. canopy over our old WOODEN deck but during one storm a year or two ago it destroyed.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

A nice umbrella might make for some nice time on the deck. They have them with nice solid bases now and they tilt to accommodate the angle of the sun and movement of the sun. I got a few for work - pricey, but they do a nice job. I, of course, had to move one because (for some unknown reason) Maintenance decided to put it up over the elevated herb garden - uh, huh???

I hope you don't mind if I post a few of my peppers. I am sure you will be SO impressed!!!

Thumbnail by Sequee
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

As you can see - not the best spot for growing peppers or eggplants. The area was a jungle - which we ripped up and dug into, covered with black poly then dirt. Every area that was NOT cover has grown back, densely with all this rain. And with the growth - BUGS!!! The tomatoes are unbothered bu them, but the smaller plants get devoured in recod time. The (few) peppers I planted near the house are doing fine. Alas, all of my bells were out here.

Thumbnail by Sequee
Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

I know - if I had one ounce of decency I'd give them a proper burial and be done with it!!!

These are the tomatoes growing right across from them.

Thumbnail by Sequee
Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

wom, the bugs really got to them. tomatoes look nice though. will send you a care package when my peppers ripen. getting fflowers on them now.

Carmel, NY(Zone 6b)

Truly a mess, huh? I am so grateful I planted the ornamentals in the pots you gave me. At least I will have the Filius Blue and Black Pearl.

Ya know what's REALLY odd??? The one pepper I planted in an EB with a tomato is fine! It actually has a couple of babies on it! Hmmm - come to think of it, it's a hot one. Only the eggplant and the bells have been decimated. Very discerning bugs! Dey knows what dey likes!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.