Canna Newbie

Englewood, OH

I planted 10 bulbs I bought on eBay. I have three plants. Does this mean that the other seven are duds?? Thanks. J Booth (SW Ohio)

West Bend, WI(Zone 5b)

when did you plant them? i started mine indoors in march, now they are in the ground outside and i still have a few that had come up only a few weeks ago. i say just be patient.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

I'd wait a while longer .. some are in more of a hurry than others. If you are really curious, then dig around them and see if any roots are forming. Won't hurt them.

X

Ocoee (W. Orlando), FL(Zone 9b)

bluejacket....I agree with Xera....wait longer...I had some not come up at all, and the next year they surprised me by showing up....

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

If you want to know what they are doing, dig around them and feel for roots. If there is a good root system then they will grow eventually...unless you kill it!! LOL. I have been impaitent with mine too and i dug a few up and they had roots. So far only one doesn't look loike it will grow. It looks like it might be dead but I replanted it to give it another shot.

Englewood, OH

Thanks for all of the replies to my question!! You all are right about being patient. I checked again and found three more popping through. Thanks again everyone!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.