Summer containers

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Here's a couple of my containers this year. I like working with Coleus in contianers they realy add to the art of it.

Gary

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

and another one

Thumbnail by gldandrews
Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

These were when I fist did them, they have grown very large will try to get more recent pic, so you can see how they have grown.

Mifflintown, PA(Zone 6a)

Lovely como. Show us some more. I am enjoying looking at everyones cont. Mine just dont want to do anything this yr. Guess the weather and I am getting lazier every year. Dixie

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

hI! Love the coleus. with all the rain we've had here, my coleus are starting to expand. Did you make the trough yourself in the second picture? I really like it.
Martha

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Martha,
Thanks for the compliments. No I didn't make the planter, bought it, but they should be easy enough to make.

Chewelah, WA(Zone 5a)

This message was edited May 28, 2010 5:45 PM

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Those are really pretty... your pots, your choice of flowers. You have a natural knack!

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Woofie,
Hello, No I buy them at a local nursery that starts them for seed. I get them when they are rather small. Ilike watching them grow. LOL

Gary

Rehoboth, MA(Zone 5a)

They are absolutely beautiful, Gary, I also start mine when the first have them at my nursery

Orange Springs, FL(Zone 9a)

I think they look plum purtee!! I too like the colues in conatiner arrangements.
Shellie

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Luv the colors in the first one, Gary!
:) Donna

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone. With all the rain we have had they have really grown. I got more pics just haven't posted them yet. I'm a little slow. LOL

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

ok see what you all think of mine?
i love coleus too
moretz

Thumbnail by moretz
hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

another

Thumbnail by moretz
Dallas, TX

How lovely ... all of them! I need to try some combinations.

Andrews, NC(Zone 6a)

Moretz,
Those are beautiful, I really like the way the one is in the chair. What are the one's in the second photo?

Gary

-South Central-, IL(Zone 6a)

Moretz, thanks for the idea... I'm not very creative. I have an old chair, and now I know what it's gonna do! Thank you so much!!!

hickory, NC(Zone 7a)

in the second pic is:
cuphea lanceolata purple(which i have seeds for trade),new colues i dont know yet but have it on the identification forum and hope to find out,icky fingers colues,creeping vinca, i think that is all in there,
i am glad that everyone liked my pots and i am glad that i gave you some ideas,i love making pots it is so much fun,combinations are fun and very rewarding, well have fun making your combos
moretz

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.