hardy geraniums collection

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Here are the geraniums that are in bloom now. They are one of my favorite little work horses of the June garden. Patti

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Patti, I've really fallen for geraniums too. In my garden they are showiest in late May, but many provide nice sprinkles of color throughout summer. Do you know the names of yours? I'm particularly interested in the white with dark centered leaves.
Neal

Lilburn, GA

gemini, if you cut them back after they finish flowering, they should do it again.

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I have had Johnson'sBlue and Brookside in my garden for years and they have done nothing. I bought Rozanne, Jolly Bee, and Tiny Monster this year and whoa! They are going like gangbusters! Jolly Bee especially is just blooming it's head off and spreading like a three year old. It's crazy.

I have always been interested in Sanguineum, but I would want it to be more like the vigorous new geraniums. Can you tell me if it blooms a lot or a little?

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

My G.sanguineum blooms heavily in May and June, then spradically thereafter.

Have any of you tried G.biokovo and/or G.biokovo 'Karmina'? I got them from Bluestone last year and have loved them. Short and compact, and keep producing flushes of bloom through the season. They're just setting more buds now, but this was G.biokovo in May:

Thumbnail by gemini_sage
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

that's a sharp little plant. I like that type of leaf, too. One of mine has it, can't remember if it was Johnson's or Brookside. I think that's why I keep them! Nice shape and fills a gap.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

from left to rt ( I think these are correct, but I have no records prior to 2006 due to all my records being flooded a few years back, so this from my foggy memory. )

splish splash, sanguineum, tanya rendall

rozanne , sanguineum album, ballerina

katherine adele, jolly bee, splish splash

My sanguineum bloom is huge and long( another picture) The white is not as vigorious, but well worth growing even in part shade. The picture was taken on June 25 but these have been in bloom for at least a month. Patti

This message was edited Jun 27, 2006 5:02 PM

This message was edited Jun 27, 2006 5:03 PM

Thumbnail by bbrookrd
Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Neal, I will look for those two next year from Bluestone. I like the erect stems. Patti

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

My neighbor has Sanguineum, I wasn't sure if that was it or not, but now I know. It is a super healthy thriving plant.

Do you like Splish Splash? Another I keep thinking I want.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Ivy1, It is new for me. I think I planted it in the wrong spot so I will move it in the fall. It is rather pale and leggy at the moment. So the verdict is not in yet. Patti

Renfrew, PA(Zone 5a)

gemini_sage, I too am happy with the G biokovo. They have several light bloom flushes after the major one in June. What I want to know now is what is that deep red color in your photo? I need red in a big way.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Gazania, those are Sweet William (biennial dianthus), and they're a deeper crimson than the pic conveys. They came in a mixture and have returned for the last 3 springs.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.