Wild meadow plants

North East England, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

These plants were all at a local country park with many walks through wild meadows. This is hawkweed.

Thumbnail by Galanthophile

Cranesbill geranium

Burnet rose

White campion

Birds foot trefoil

Beautiful photographs Galanthophile, you must live in a beautiful place

Thanks. I am just glad that I live near the coast and that there are still some areas of natural land left. There are so many new houses being built...! This area is protected though. The coastline is wonderful - this was the view from just behind the park.

all this, the sea and the orchids? a bit of paradise on earth :-]
must be difficult to ever go indoors

Yes it is. I'm off work this week and am about to go to another coastal spot. Sun sea and sand here I come!

I hope you enjoyed your week off! Your last image of the coast gives the impression there is no one on the beach, this is almost unheard here unless it's the very depths of winter.

Great images again! The yellow pea looks like Lathyrus pratensis but it may be that the image quality makes the flowers appear larger.

Thanks for the info Baa - you are no doubt right about the pea. And thanks again - I have had a lovely week off. These deserted beaches are typical of the Northumberland coast. They are undiscovered treasures! Have a look in the roses forum - yesterday I went to Alnwick gardens and they were fantastic - the highlight of my week that's for sure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.