What terrible thing do you think I did to this one?? HELP!!

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Suddenly it is dying. Do you think it has a virus?

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

A closer look.

Thumbnail by Kell
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Even closer! LOL

THANKS for any help you can give me.

Thumbnail by Kell
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Kell that is awful! Is it solo or in a clump? Did it start with little blotches on the leaf or kind of happen over night? I don't think it is rust because that is usually splotches here and there! I'd dig it up if it's a solo or cut it to the ground if not. Check the rhizome and see if it's affected if you can. It almost looks burnt.

X

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I don't have a clue :-(

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks X. Like a chemical burn doesn't it? It is in a pot, I just bought it last month and have no where to put it. It was such a different leaf and texture I needed it. LOL.

All the cannas I see in nurseries around here, are sick. I assume virused. So I fear this one too has something bad, though it does not look like the ones I see that are obviously distorted.

Thanks for your input.

Me too, Azreno! LOL

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

Have you fertilized? Could be fertilizer burn. Or underwatered? Sprayed with any chemicals? It looks cultural to me.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 9a)

It looks like fertilizer burn to me. Did you use a fertilizer that is for plants in the ground, not pot plants?

Louisville, KY

Could it be hot water straight out of the holes?? Many possibilites but I dont think it is a bug or virus.

SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

It definitely does NOT look well....

Northern California, United States(Zone 9a)

Could the roots have cooked from the heat wave we had?

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Well the 2 stalks are dead now, the yellow color kept going down. I do have a new shoot about 10 inch tall that looks OK.

I do not know what happened. Nothing else cooked, Sue. The water does get real hot in the hose but I would have hit other things first with it.

This canna had the thickest red tinged leaves that were just beautiful which I why I bought it. And then they all turned a icky green. So I am not sure I even like it anymore. Do they change to the green when they get too much sun?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.