Good morning to all my container folks

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

loved this look!!!; love this forum; love daves garden!!!!

Thumbnail by sticks_n_stones
SE Houston (Hobby), TX(Zone 9a)

Sticks,
That is WAY coooooooooool. What's the green plant in your planter with the coleus?

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

gg....it is one of my favorites...and extremely easy to grow and comes in 4 varieties....polka dot plants....they can be used as house plants too; here is a pic of 3 of the varieties....hot pink/green pink/green white/green; i love them cause they are just easy and pretty with coleus and caladiums:)

Thumbnail by sticks_n_stones

Hey,
I have pink ones in my garden. Didn't know they came in solid greens.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

they don't come in solid greens....just pink/green hotpink/green white/green....the one in my cup is hotpink/green unless we are talking about another plant in that cup....and my brain doesn't work so i will go back and reread(grin)

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

so i didn't read YOUR message right...the green plant is coleus....sorry about that....i duno what kind.....

Sticks,
Ok, I see the green coleus. Now, back to the polka dots. I have two that are getting leggy. Do you just snap them and root them? Cause, I can put some of them into my little flowerbed with the coleus for some variation and to tie some colors together.

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

cut them off and put in water till they root and then replant...:)

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

I hadn't ever heard hypoestes called polka dot plants. Caught my attention. I love the green and white, have a pot full of them. It is cooling to look upon these hot afternoons. pod

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod....i see you are from texas also....do a google on polka dot plant.....i never knew them by anything else....we both learned something!!! i just love this forum!!!

Covington, KY(Zone 6a)

Now, that's a cup of coffee!

Springboro, OH(Zone 6a)

How adorable!!! I love the green of the mug :) Did you drill a hole in the bottom for drainage, or do you have them all planted in a liner?

Jacci

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

jacci
actually it is a real planter and has a hole in the bottom....i got it at family dollar store it is 8 inches in diameter....
joni:)

Aren't dollar stores wonderful! I just picked up an arch to grow vines on. Only $6 and amazingly sturdy, huge and fairly easy to assemble. We have two (stores) in town and I occasionally do a drive by on them. Large pots cheap sometimes, sometimes even pretty ones. Cheap pots let me buy more plants. What life is about. pod

Crosbyton, TX(Zone 7a)

pod ....i love dollar stores...but there is some stuff in there that are rip offs.....but yes alot of bargins and fun stuff..i am with you on the cheap pot...let me buy more plants mentality(grin)....we must be addicted!!!!

Hmmm, plants anonomyous. It could happen.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.